Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Richmond, BC

Big company with lots of rules. sometimes will get you in trouble if you feel OK to giving ideas for work. and wages wasn't matched from job market outside.
Pros
schedules is easy to arrange
Cons
Poorer management overall
Management does not follow fair policy structure.Top management employees are biased in nature.Rumours are spreading at fastest rate and after knowing about defaulter management due to favouritism does not take any appropriate action.To make a good share of profit ,higher authority does not assign required number of employee to complete task due to which work load on individual increased.Even they do not appreciate extra effort put by an individual to perform another person duties along with his.Also racist in providing sufficient hours due to favoritism practices performed at work place.
Excellent fellows and great environment. Work hard for promotions and to excel in company. Easy to follow rules and regulations. No question is dumb, always ask
Working in retail at a lower level position is all about survival. Don't expect too much than your minimum wage cheque at the end of the month. Great place to interact with customers and colleagues.
chill job overall. People you work with are generally nice and know what they are doing. Good amount of time for breaks. Things can get unorganzied at times
Pros
breaks
Cons
management
I had work there for long time now. If the manager is not around, the supporting manager would come to you at anytime to make demands from you. Is more like bullying, that’s what she is doing. You’ll see what I mean once you start working there. Stay away, I’ll do the same too in the near future. It’s sad, really. Work at different Walmart or something.
Pros
Great manager and co worker
Cons
Bad supporting manager
Walmart was a really fun place to work and I had a great time working there. The wages never go above minimum if you're a part time worker but the management is extremely passionate towards helping full time students get the hours they need when they need it.
great hours, great workers, and a good working environment to be in. I enjoyed being able to interact with costumers, i feel like it was a great way to build me costumer service.
the CSM bullied me to the point I would shake with anxiety. she's a grown woman who started a rumor that I lied to her DO NOT RECOMMEND stay far away!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
csm was a bully
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Amazing environment great staff flexible scheduling management is a bit well organized i personally think the hardest part of the job is getting a hold of other associate in different departments
Walmart - really boring job, only good for students - dont feel motivated after a couple of months - Tasks are repetitive - Pay is low - Lack of employees make the work harder and you start to hate it more even if its for the money -
Pros
Take long lunches
Cons
Long hours, feels there isnt much to do
Hours are good, but sometimes I have to go straight from school to work, and since it's late nights, I get a maximum of at least 6 hours at best and I have school usually the next morning.
I want career growth and I am not sure about any growth in Walmart...and Walmart is not paying good....but i have learned at lot at my work.