Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Renfrew, ON

Management was okay, some management were uncooperative and gave to many shifts at once, uses student to advantage. Great associate team and fun workers.
Pros
Free Candy/ water/ luches
Cons
Long Hours
Had a great job good friends and lots of fun. Great company to work for in a small town. treated fairly and honestly. Hours were ok worked every second weekend but every employee did the same was a rotating schedule.
My typical day at work is mostly about customer service. I work in a pharmacy setting, so I have learned a lot about prescription drugs and many over the counter medications.
Pros
frequent celebrations of special occasions that includes free meals and snacks
Cons
Not enough payroll hours available.
The stores are running with much fewer staff and everyone has to up their game but with the restructuring it gives staff the goal of making the whole store what it should be, not just their departments
Pros
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons
shift work, short staffed
Not allowed to select days when could not work to facilitate setting of medical appointments. Worked night shift then scheduled for next morning shift. Not allowed to give away shifts to others without getting in trouble. No set schedule for weekend and evening coverage.
Pros
I do enjoy working for Walmart...but the hours are all over the place...feel like there is no family time. They pay very well. We do fun events for our associates which they seem to enjoy. Walmart use to be all about family...not so much any more...very sad.
Cons
Long hours...not enough family time
a typical day at work was scanning customers purchases in. cashier skills. management was okay. hardest part was on your feet for long periods of time.
Would love to work for Walmart again. Was a very enjoyable experience. Nice co-workers, understanding managers, great benefits, but not so much hours.
Pros
Good breaks, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Was far from me
Working at the courtesy desk i have learn the ins and outs of the wal-mart corp. It has help me deal with the public more one on one Its a fun place to work the associates are like family
Would handle the cash transactions on a day to day basis. Would usually be the last person that the people would talk to so i would always be nice.
Everyone is pretty happy. Lots of encouragement and praise from staff.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
shift work for families with small children.
The job was fun. Alot of codes to remember but once you got them down it was good.No help when new procedures are rolled out. My manager was Awesome and did her best, but hers was no help at all. Ever.
Pros
received an in store discount.
Cons
no up training.