Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Regina, SK

An honest review of Walmart from one of it's employs. Yea they can probably see this review too... Walmart like any other retail chain in the world, is fast paced and busy, there's never a shortage of work around the building. If you think there is someone will find something for you to do even if it's just sweeping the floor for the next 20 minutes. I've worked for the company twice now, for a grand total of 7 years... there is a lot of good managers at the company, ones you can laugh and joke with all day long, but with the good managers you will always have bad ones that come along with. There are a few I could name... The hardest part of the job is trying to make sense of the miscommunications... One manager will tell you one thing, and another will turn around and tell you to do something else, for the exact same spot. The communication could be better between management and staff, or manager and manager for that matter. Overall though it's not a bad company to work for, there is ups and downs, and sometimes sideways things, but really that's any job out there.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
lack of communication between management/staff
It gave no time to be with my kids. It's changed for the worse instead of the better over the last 20 years. People panic over small things and their issue is always more important than others. People can't speak proper English at any of them.
Working at Walmart is ok management well they help out when it’s needed. Co-workers who work in Walmart Are hard to find. Costumers get upset 😠 when no one is around to help out.
yes it is a nice place to work but if you want to work there to make a lot of money fast its not the place for you as they will start you up at around 11$ an hour so if you in it for cash please don't do it. but if you want to do it for the experience and to build your social standing and meet new people, then u good.
Responsible for organizing schedules, Excellent professional communication skills Work independently Time management Strong computer skill Good listening skills
Its good to learn new skills like talking with customers...making bills at cashier..teamwork...clearing and stocking shelves...organizing tables and prices...learn to work in electronics
Pros
Good for living...helps to build confidence..
Cons
Not enough work hours
Management is nice but very lazy One of the worst jobs I've had They do respect or appreciate their employees Would not recommend working here Boring or stressful work environment
typical work day hours not enough to survive advancement is limited everyday same task No challenging environment Customer interaction is good part of work
Best place to work for new comers. You will always work as a team member. Management is always there to guide you. I have learn so many new things at walmart.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Rotating shifts
It’s good for new comer for basic experience and knowledge. It’s take time to grow up your career here like be a assistant manager. So besides you have to show your good performance
its bad to work for them long term unless you move up (fast tracking)---->which requires you to move were they tell you! though short term is ok its steady pay that declines over time in my experience.
Walmart is an excellent employee friendly company. However, only working in this company, it will be very difficult to run my family. Because, they are giving only 12 hours a week.
Basic every day retail outlet workplace. Changing from the way they started out from. Not enough employees to keep the store at the level they should be. I would recommend people to work there but not to depend on the company to stay as a reliable income source. They give associates anywhere from 0 to 28 hours for part time and up to 37 for full time. Managers work 40 plus hours per week. Schedules are available on the computer and staff ensure their hours are correct. Store is open every day except Christmas. Self check outs are available as well as cashier run registers. Store opens at 7 am and closes at 11 pm. There are associates that work overnight stocking shelves and doing cleaning.
A great place to work. Interviews was quite easy. Safe work environment and cooperative staffs. Very understanding management also. Will recommend first time workers.
Walmart is a good place to learn about the environment and culture for newcomers they provide a platform to start your new life in Canada or the confidence to move further.
I really enjoy it and I thank God daily I have a job I work in stationary putting out stock and I feel the most comfortable in that department.I also think I'm very good in stationary.I look to see how many things have sold and take credit for the displays and how they've sold down.
It was a great place to work, had lots of fun on the job of course. But it was stressful just because there was so many people for one or two manager to look after that we all kind of just got lost throughout the day and started improving what to do. Running the store on our owns if you would, we would all check in with each other while near one another but never with the managers because there were to busy. Overall it was an ok job, just lacked the efforts from the higher ups
first experience to work as night associate. hard working discipline. good and cooperative management. friendly and multiculture good working schedule.
don't like the environment for the Walmart. manager were always rude and so much work load and never get good response from manager. .................
i would recommend this job to anybody, its easy, i was a cashier and i dealt with customers and thats my expertise. i love working with the public and greeting them.
I will strongly recommend to all my friends. There is a great atmosphere at my job place. everybody enjoy their job duties. Everyone meet with pleasure.