Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Red Deer, AB

Working with public and providing help where needed. Minimal training and supervision. Advancement available but not a very big difference in the pay scales.
I enjoyed the public side of the job. Helping customers etc. Staff at similar level are fun.Mngmnt left a lot to be desired, lots of push re CC sales.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Too much pressure to sell Walmart Credit Card. Named and shamed
Liked fellow employees, management constantly interfered with loss prevention officers to make arrests and recoveries. Then discipline for violation of ridiculous hands off loss prevention policy.
Pros
Great fellow employees
Cons
Lousy loss prevention hands off policy.
Walmart is a good company to work for, we have very good team members and a continuous online training for individual development on the job. Meeting new customers everyday and helping the customers to get the product they need is very fascinating. Although, you do not have to sit while on the sales floor, I do not take it as dsadvantage but a test of my strength. Break and coffee time is available. I left the company to look for a job where can practice my profession.
i enjoy working at the wallmart, i gain experiences and find friends and build confident on my profession, productive and have fun with co workers, i gain trust and confident in my work, build good relationship betwwen co workers and environment
Walmart wasn't the worst job ive had but I would only go back if I absolutely had to. I really couldnt care less if Walmart ceased to exist but they were understanding and compassionate for the reason why I quit
I wouldn’t recommend working at Walmart because they will only give you 3hr-15hr for 2 weeks and then yell at you when you get another job because you can’t afford to live.
I would not recommend working as a cashier at Walmart as they push their cashiers to sell the Walmart rewards MasterCard. I do not feel comfortable with that and nor am I a bank. If you do not get so many MasterCards you get in trouble.
My manager, and the store manager are both clueless pawns, I'm pretty sure he was promoted not because he was the right person for the job but because he had 5 years with the company and will bend over at any time to please the impossible tasks asked of him and his team.
Pros
Associates are mostly nice
Cons
Poor management
It's Walmart. The pay isn't great, but if you work hard you can get more hours. I only worked there for the summer, but everyone was nice, it was an overall pretty good experience.
I wasn't employed long enough for me to give a fair review on the employer. However the management team there were very patient and excellent trainers.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
busy
While there are a lot of jokes about "working at Wal-Mart" it was a great place to work and learn the in's and out's of retail. They are a massive company and have thousands of happy and satisfied workers for a reason. Really enjoyed my time there.
I was a stocker, some people there suck. Management was nice. Too many hours. I started off working around 20 hours a week, but that quickly changed to 33 hour weeks. That made it really difficult to balance school and my personal life.
didn't make enough for a person to live off of and the hours sucked for a pay period for the amount you work you didn't have enough to live off of wasn't worth the time ok for a high school student but never a forever job as the wage is no ideal
I worked in fabrics and crafts, it was interesting and challenging for me. I had great people to work with and learnt a lot about sewing. I now make all my own clothes and make many crafts. Over the five years I worked there I would say it was great.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Shifts were never consistant.
not all types of people can work at a place like walmart and i wasnt one of them. nobody really knows what they are doing or supposed to do until its time to lay blame
I enjoyed working in electronics. I enjoyed the job overall but it was time for a change since I was there for a few years. I got along with the coworkers and I enjoyed interacting with the customers.
We do the receiving of delivery 3x a week, and put the stocks right away. We help ringing the prescription in the till. Had to work weekends. The hardest part is when you are closing you have to clean up everything.
this job is only good for new entries into the job market or old people looking to supplement their income or the handicapped. they care only about profit.
All employees can get benefits after 3 months. Pay is minimum wage plus 0.50 for every year of work you've ever worked. Staff are super negative most management is ungrateful. You could get away with murder, they never follow through with discipline.
Company policies do not allow for flexibility when it comes to personal situations without having to take a leave of absence. Head office is all about the money and not the local store employees.