Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Quesnel, BC

Its a great places to work. You always need to be on your toes and ready for whatever will be sent in your direction next. I really enjoyed dealing with the public.
Was hired in October and had full-time work and it was guaranteed because at the time they only hired full-time for the Nightcrew. My job was stocking shelves and facing/zoning mainly the food/pet and paper goods and chemical departments. It was always very busy even though it was a store about 75,000 square foot. At the time it had no bakery or produce but many still came as the company management would share with us the budget for that day and also how the store did the other day and the year report. It was great but if you're ready to work hard they do give good yearly raises as well as merit raises if you work is continually over and beyond the basic requirements. Thanks to Wal-Mart store 3199 for all the great work experience.
Wal-Mart was a great place to work, I worked there a long time ago so not sure how it is now. I have family that works there and they say it is a great place to work still.
nice people, very clean but have to deal with angry callers and people are very disrespectful to you. the managers are nice to talk too. the customers will yell at you for not getting the other people to talk to them and they will make a huge scene and ask for a manager, its a good job overall.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not flexible
Enjoyed working nights. We knew what was expected of us. However, if someone called in sick, because we had a limited crew it changed what our duties were at times, or our station could be changed. Procedures were changing, so what was done one week may not be done the following week. Case in point that top "bins" were used for light and small boxes, then they were to be cleared. Next month we get them back, then they had to be cleared again. Very frustrating. Busy night we may or not be in the backroom. When needed I helped to work the stock.
Pros
Same schedule all the time, with a few changes as needed
Cons
On a different schedule as your family
Flexible hours all shifts available graveyard days Room to grow Lots of different positions available Fast pace Friendly co workers I have nothing else to say about working at Walmart
Pros
All shifts available
was a wonderfull place to work, lots of friendly places and helpfull managment. They helped with what ever i needed help with, and havea good training/managment team
Pros
3 week schedules
I stocked dairy aisle, cleaned the dairy line, and received milk from truck. I worked for walmart for just over 3 month and all i saw was a general state of apathy from management and staff.. an example is going to management with solution and the management would give you more problems... i do not think i will work for walmart again.
I am seeking full time employment and the big box stores will not hire full time unless you are going into a management position. The people are great, I've learned a lot about how a pharmacy works and about what pharmaceuticals do for people and their health.
Pros
Great people to deal with
Cons
Only get 2 shifts per week
I got to do last washrooms organize papers in to blinders in the books go through movies and count them and check the list off how many there was with numbers on the side
Pros
10 mintues
Cons
30 minutes
only worked 5 weeks was still in training but from being there it was fun. i love photography. there was always different people coming in.
Pros
photography
Cons
still in training
Working with Walmart has been a great experience for me. It's time for me to make a change however and move on, to learn something new.
Pros
walmart 10% discount for associates
Good place to work, good people to work with and for! Good benefits after a year of employment! Hardest part of job is grave yard shift!
Unload freight trucks and sort freight and distribute to specific departments, and do inventory. Learned how to manage inventory and stay on a time schedule.
I unloaded trucks and sorted merchandise; and did whatever else they needed to be done.
Pros
Stable hours.
Cons
Never making enough to make ends meet. Management was always negative.
I loved the challenges of running my own business, to see it grow and develop into a profitable business
I go to work and check what I have to do that day. I have learned to be respectful and helpful to my co-workers. There is nothing hard in my job at all.The most enjoyable part of my day is that I gave wal-mart the best of my ability at what I was doing that day.
Pros
co-workers are very nice and you get free muffin at mcdonalds
Cons
not enough hours