Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Prince Rupert, BC

At first they have the newbie at a computer doing worksite safety training. I went in there hoping to jump into trailer unloading but the system of sorting at the docking zone is no simple task. I then was on pallets breakdown detail with the shelves replenishment of merchandise. The Pet canned food is a blur as the different brands all have similar flavors and Cat Litter is the career killer as it all got placed on my shoulders with no one else willing to split the chore for stream-lining's sake.
It's a good place to work. All staff members is so friendly and they help each other evertime. They give good salary and provide incentives after some days
great working environment to start off with and great managers, very welcoming and friendly co workers, i enjoyed my time working there, made many new friends
A typical day at work is different from the last. You never know if it is going to be a busy day or a quiet one. As for what I have learned working at Walmart is that team work is always important but not essential. Managment where I work can use a bit more ethical training.
Pros
Great Place to meet the people in ur area
Cons
Some may take their Bad day out on you, someone higher rànking may make you feel inferior, you may have quiet days where you feel like being busy but you, re not.
I worked as sales floor associate and moved up quickly to merchandise manager. I loved my job and my co workers. I would love to work here again . great team players all around.
Pros
discounts
Cons
it was good
Very busy with so many customers with so much product. Lots of cash handling. Learned patience with the irate customers and that everyone is so different from one another.
I loved working at Walmart. I helped with setting up the store, that was fun and a great learning experience. once the store was open I believe things would have been better if we got more training.
always something to do and many people to keep to days going on. especially during the holidays it gets very busy. most days will go fast if you keep come while customers are upset with line up during holiday seasons.
Pros
Wifi
Cons
clock out and clock in is upstairs at the back of the store
A typical day while working at Wal-Mart consisted of making sure the cash register was balanced before the store opened, making sure the shelves were stocked and making sure they stayed tidy as well as serving customers at the cash register and providing information about our products..
Pros
flexibleon when im able to take my lunch breaks
Cons
short shifts
I worked at Walmart briefly during the summer and quit for school. I did not feel that the management really cared about the staff, or anything really.
I learned many new skills in the customer service industry coworkers were very nice and helpful when i didnt know how to do something right they showed me the proper way to do tasks hardest part of my job was that i was too shy i think enjoyable part was hearing from the supervisors how well i was doing at my job
Pros
10% discount
very busy, continually looking for ways to improve customer service and associate work life balance. continual improvement in budget expense control and increasing sales.