Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Prince George, BC

One of the best thing about the company is that customer friendly environment as well as the policies that are effectively working for the customers. Where as the cool working environment.
I personally will never work there again! Management sucks and the supervisors think they are the big boss and it does straight to their heads. Would not recommend this job to anyone. There’s no point in work a miserable life with miserable people that bring you down everyday!
Enjoy working here , it is fast faced well managed organization . I enjoy working here i gained lot of experience.It enhanced my confidence and also improved my dealing with customers.
it was pretty good, some managers were pretty fun and nice...had free lunches sometimes. the manager is very approachable and understanding. it is a really good and casual place to work.
One hour long breaks. 25% discount. Friendly staff. Friendly people. Working tills. 2 breaks
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Could pay more
Scan and bag clients items. Keep area clean. I learned how to bag efficiently and quickly. Management was okay. Sometimes rude. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the kind customers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
The management of Walmart is very aggressive to the point of being abusive. I have never, in all the 35+ years I have been working in retail, been treated so poorly.
Pros
Good benifits package
Cons
Over load in work expectations
Not the worst place to work, staff was good, management was atrocious, the audacity of the expectations they had for you was unbelievable. You were put under so much pressure for such little reward or respect.
The job has had its ups and downs, I’ve enjoyed my time, was able to advance quite quickly with the company. Overall, I would recommend this place to work at.
Pros
Payed 1/2 hour lunch on Sunday
Cons
Pay isn’t the greatest for the people that have been the for awhile
Learned Customer Service and Canadian Work Ethics. It is a nice place to work. the management is well structured and sure have good safety and knowledge of employee satisfaction.
Wal-Mart is an oiled machine with lots of moving parts. It is efficient in everything it does including staffing, selling, and charity work. their priority is maintaining sales and that's was a daily focus.
Pros
nice people
Cons
working for walmart
Management need to get in touch with staff a little bit more, and whichever area they are running they should know something about. Having someone in charge of bakery or deli who is from the tire/lube section doesn't know how to properly handle it and it's frustrating to try and work with them.
Some days can be incredibly busy, and others can be a struggle to find work to do. Ive learned to work many of the machines within the shop, As well as most of the equipment and computers within the store itself. Some of the management i feel like I'm talking at not talking to. My SWAS manager is one of the easier ones to talk to. Most of the people there do have smiles on their faces and are quite friendly once you get to know them The hardest part of my job is trying to organize breaks, coffees and lunch breaks. The lack of staff sometimes makes it hard to have coverage in departments The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to see the smiles on customers and employees, Helping others and giving tips and suggestions on what they might need. Ill give my two cents to anyone who asks for suggestions or alternative ideas
Pros
%10 discount card upon employment
Cons
The current lack of staff
Walmart is an okay place to work. They give you the hours you want/need, but also give the option to get more hours. I think there is a need for new management along with the changes that are happening. Telling employees that they should quit their job, and give long, hard talks for sometimes hours on end about "productivity" should not be happening. On multiple occasions I found myself leaving work in tears because of how we are treated. For the first 6 months none of my supervisors knew my name and barely acknowledged me.
Pros
great hours
Cons
managment
The management at Walmart is seriously lacking, corporate is attempting to make changes, however supervisors refuse to give clear instruction, they skipped my,as well as a few other employees formal training, and instead put us right on the floor. Sometimes you are even given incorrect instructions, that later lead to you being reprimanded. Most employees are kept part-time to avoid requiring to provide them with benefits, unless they take a second job there or have been on a few years. Many of the supervisors do not delegate work properly, so employees must but in over time almost every day to get the work done, and will be reprimanded if they refuse to on a regular basis. That being said, some of the managers and supervisors are excellent to work with, and will give clear instructions and make sure work is done quickly and efficiently. Overall, it's not a terrible place to work, especially if you are part-time, but not a good store to stay at for a long period of time.
Pros
Long breaks, Some Good Members of Management
Cons
Long Hours, Required Overtime, Many Poor Members of Managment
No one ever work for Walmart. The pay and benefits are terrible, management is a joke. Worst years of my life. I will never work in big-box retail again because of my horrible experiences here.
Wage needs to be better for employee retainment I would think or I wouldn't be looking for more work some of the management could be better than is for sure but overall decent place to work for a student
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
A typical day at work is scripted to the letter. The workplace rules instill discipline and orderliness. I always signed in and reported to duty with pride.
Pros
10% off merchandises
Cons
down times could feel very long.
Typical day of work is taking care of the customers and cashiers. Making sure everything is running smoothly for all the tills and customer service desk. I have learned there is very interesting people out there and they are always looking for the best deal. I valve my co-workers. They are all very supportive of each other. The hardest part of the job is when the customer leaves not satisfied with our help. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to the customer.
Within my first month at Walmart I was being left alone for entire shifts in my department, I felt as though I didn't have sufficient training for the situation. Throughout my time working there several workplace incidents occurred (harassment, etc), human resources refused to step in. It has been more than eighteen months since I relocated and terminated my employment, and I'm still struggling to get my last paycheck. However, I made lifelong friends at Walmart, and appreciative customers really make the job worth it.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
human resources, payment, management, working conditions, loose ethics
If you've done well you get a raise every year on your hiring anniversary but unfortunately because there are so many managers they don't always have the same idea in mind of what needs to be done.