Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Port Hawkesbury, NS

At the portrait studio, I got to meet so many new people. It also helped me gain my work experience in Photography which is one of my favourite hobbies.
good one, nice to work in walmart and good atmosphere as it is a past paced working environment. as a customer service representative i achieved my goals.
Can be fun, productive. Over worked and rushed at times. Certain teams have more tasks than others. A lot of favoritism and no appreciation for any work that you do.
Pros
I have a job.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Osl is a great place to work, they prefer to promote within and have lots of online training available. Hardest part of the job is there's no separation between you and the Walmart staff so you get hounded a lot about something that is not part of your job and you're not able to help with.
A typical day at work was being bored out of my mind because ours was a small store and very few customers actually shop their. My duties included cashier work, as well as fulfilling 1-Hour service at the Photo Lab (taking orders, turning film into photos, helping customers at the kiosks, selling cameras, etc). My co-workers were nice, but there was a lot of homophobia and racism behind closed doors, and sitting in the break room could be uncomfortable. I didn't feel respected by the managers. Some of them were bullies.
Management was split 50/50 with good and bad managers. Lots of hard working employees dedicated to getting the job each night while on the other hand a few Very hard slackers creating extra work for many different employees
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Poor management, Very lacking in communication
Planagrams, planagrams, zone, zone as much as you could,inform people, be friendly, always please and thank you, with a smile on your face, help other co-workers, you could talk top management about anything at any time, co-worker always helping one another, meeting deadlines, getting merchandise out on the floor, gatherings of the walmart team in a big bike parade, xmas parties, bbq's, fund raising.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pushed to the limit
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
  1. Port Hawkesbury, NS