Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Port Elgin, ON

Working here may not be so bad if the management was able to actually be there for their employees or if there were enough employees you actually got to do the role you were hired for without spending your time putting out someones fires all the time.
if you want work in a fast paced environment Walmart is best place. Work ethics are very strong Team based environment. Now a days due to pandemic sanitize every thing is good but sometime it gets frustrated.
You have to sell master cards in your three month probation period or you’ll get fired .... a plus is you get a discount card for 10%.... dress code of black and white
I enjoyed working here throughout high school. They give students good hours to work with their schedules. The management is friendly. The job is easy.
There is little training. Pressured to "sell" the Walmart MasterCard to customers. Constantly asking customers for donations. These requests annoy many customers. Difficult to get bathroom breaks. Required to do computer training, but never given the opportunity to complete it.
Pros
Hmmmm
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, low employee morale
Walmart was a nice place to work. Very organized and efficient workers and friendly enough. The shifts were nice and long hours. Well spaced lunch breaks. The staff helped as much as the could about flexibility.
Pros
Well spaced breaks
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Accomadating and flexible schedules. Management provides training to help employee learn and develop in their position to the best of associates ability. On the job training and plans are developed for advancement within the company.
I was a co-op student when i did this, i love baking that is what im goign to college for is to be a pastry chef and this was s good place to work and get exerpeice in what i love.
Pros
good expereince
Cons
starts very ealier
this job helped me to recover from loss of previous job, and with minimum employment options in area this was sufficient of a place to work. Recommended to those that can't find a job and need a regular job that will be open year round and will always need people to work here
Pros
discount card and employee benfits after 6 months
Cons
can be random things you do in store on different days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Our store is hiring 37 people right now. That tells you how "great" it is here. I learned that being uneducated and rude gets you promoted. Anyone with a brain that brings up good advice gets canned.
Pros
Full time benifits aren't bad.
Cons
Everything else.
I am presently employed with Walmart and I feel that I have met somewhat of a dead end in my progression with the company. I have had the privilege of attending Walmart Retail Acedemy where I not only learned health and safety of working in the fresh department but also was shown the workings of reports. I had hoped that with the attendance of this that my role in Walmart would have progressed from Dept. Manager to an assistant. Sadly there was a change in management and my moving forward has not happened. I feel I am able to do more and have more responsiblity
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
not being able to progress in my development
Typical day in work would consist of assisting customers with shopping needs and helping the Walmart staff perform to the best of their ability to improve the throughput of customers that we can assist.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long Hours on your Feet
Was a friendly place to work, but didn't quite enjoy standing in one spot for the entire working period. Some days it wasn't very organized and always fell short on staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No movement from station.
Even thou management was very poor, the employees were very fun to be around. Employees were very hard working and appreciative of any and all help. Shifts were very good and manageable.
Pros
Appreciated employees
Cons
Poor management
Time spent working both as a cashier and over-night stocking; I enjoyed my time at both positions, as each had their merit. Working cash on busy days certainly made the time go by faster. While some overnight shifts could drag on, especially if we were waiting for a new truck to show up, and had to work overstocked items, most of which ended up having to be put back on a pallet as soon as they were taken off. Management on a whole was a good group of people, however some of the cashier supervisors were harder to work under than others. For example, my second shift at work, the supervisor put me at a till by myself. I believe I did an admirable job, but more training would have been nice. Over nights was a welcome change The work was steady, the group of coworkers were great! And the variety of departments being sent to was a great change of pace. Being able to listen to music, and work at a good, consistent pace made the work go by faster.
Always a busy place, always something new to learn. Great co workers
work like crazy the second i get to wal-mart because a lazy employee leaves over 200 carts outside in the parking lot for me every time i work. the hardest part of the job is having to organize all 330 out of wal-mart by 10:00
A typical day at Wal-Mart as store standards is basically: >Collecting carts in a fast paced enviroment >Complete safety sweeps >Complete dry, wet, and glass clean-ups in a safe manner >Assist with carry-outs and carry-ins
Pros
Get to be outside a lot, and help with the elderly
Cons
Physically demanding, fast paced enviroment
daily i delt with angree costomers who had tio return or had problems with murchendice . i always responded happily and never lost my temper always ensureing the costomer left happymanagement at the walmart was same as anyware else you had nice managers and mean managers, but i worked the costomer service booth alone so i didnt have any problems there.the worst part of the job was gettign yelled at for outrageous things such as not mailing a chicken to an angree costomer. the best part of the job was learnign how to deal with difficult people and learnign i was good at it