Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Port Coquitlam, BC

Friendly staff and some friendly managers. You get to meet a lot of new people there because of high turn over rates. You got to work full time for company benefits tho.
You hvae to work more than you're expected to. You have to be very co-operative with customers and very patient. always should be giving your 100 percent.
Pros
flexible, long breaks
Cons
management
typically punch in your attendance and help customers in billing their final purchase and helping them about our policies and products. I learned about how to handle work in fast paced environment and team building management is good.
Company thrive on "management by fear" - threats daily from district manager, to store manager, to assistant managers, to associates. Hardly any space to use initiative
I like Walmart, I am working as a Cashier, walmart is a organize company. I like this company because of team working and management. I learned lots of things here.
If you are a customer experience associate then the job is pretty easy but when it’s busy in store your life becomes a very stressful. The management is pretty good and usually accommodate to your needs or at least they try to. Your job could be backbreaking or the most simple thing in the world but the one thing that you will have in common with all your coworkers is that no one genuinely enjoys the job.
Very poor at helping an employee dealing with domestic violence. No support at all. Call for a supervisor- no one ever came. Management very poor at communicating.
A job at Walmart can tend to be quite stressful depending on what department you are in and what season it is. The staff is all really friendly and make you feel as if you belong.
Pros
Good break hours
Cons
flexible hours and big staff management needs work
I've been working at Walmart for almost 3 months now and it's not terrible. The salary is poor, management is satisfactory, but most people are kind and very friendly. I usually work closing shifts (3pm-11pm) which generally consists of stocking milk, eggs and whatever else needs to be stocked on the shelves. It is a simple job but it does get quite tedious at times. This job is good if you want to make a little extra money on the side, but I wouldn't recommend this position for full-time because it will definitely get boring. Overall, working in dairy/frozen is an easy job, however, it can be physically taxing on busier days.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring, long hours
Typical work day was organized and I would learn a lot when working in the mornings with the manager. The work environment was friendly, and it was easy to approach the higher managers and ask for help.
I work in customer service in Walmart dealing with a lot of customers every day I am used to work in a faced paced work environment managing everything on my own when others are going on break able to work in a team or individual love working with customers and providing legendary service to my customers to make sure they get what they came for I always make sure the customers are happy with the service we are providing I always try to help the customers and go beyond what I have to to make sure my customers are happy.
Pros
working in a great team
If you enjoy working with the public that may be the only benefit to this job. Unkind environment to work in, and its unfortunate to say that management is not too kind either, as well as the little pay with no room for growth. A good seasonal, or temporary job for students, but it becomes mentally draining, and physically trying. This workplace would not be recommended to those looking for a permanent position.
Pros
Experience with the public
Cons
Unfair management, long hours, bad pay
A fun place to work for a starter job. Very easy going and workload is manageable Most enjoyable part about the job is the associates Learned customer service skills
its been almost 2 years since i left but it working at walmart wasnt as bad as its reputation would suggest. management was nice and helpful as well as the colleagues on my side of the store. only left because i moved far away
Having a one-hour lunch was great but most of all the management was not good I did like it there working with as a team helps as well made great friends
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Management was horrible
Loved working for Walmart staff was great. And they have a great team of employees. The staff was always helpful and the managers are great. Could go to the managers and they would help you if you had a problem. Free Birthday cake.
Pros
Free food just about everyday that I Worked.
Cons
Sometimes short on Cashiers.
Good starting job for me right out of highschool though the management are very rude and called me a slow piece of (insert rude word ) even thoough i worked as well as the last guy that trained me
Pros
Good starting job
Cons
Management is horrid to staff
Although my job is to interact and help customers I rarely get the chance to because Walmart is short staffed and I tend to find myself doing another Job.
Managers were flexible and understanding about my school schedule. There is little incentive to work your way further up in the company and management does not lead by example.
A typical day at work ; Just normal there are dull moments and good moments, I learned that working in a quick flow to maintain my speed is a challenge. Management : Micromanaging too much, and rude. The hardest part of the job was being able to work very hard but get no credit for all the achievements. The most enjoyable Part of the job was meeting new people, and working with different associates, learning new things and everyday being inspired with knowing differ things about people; How they work, how they react to situations and especially knowing about people likes and dislikes.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Lack of Managment support