Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Port Alberni, BC

Place and people are great to work for. Managment are fair and friendly. Over all the pay could be more competitive. But there is always work to be doing.
Pros
Firendly
Cons
Low pay
We were short staffed so work was often more stressful. One of the managers is ableist, I had a perverted co-worker, and had customers who would make comments on my body. Customers often would harass you and I’d put up with name calling. We more often than not had too much work to handle due to always being short team members. Work place accidents were not uncommon either. The break room was often messy as no one would clean up after themselves and the head CSM often seemed annoyed when you’d call her to your till whether it be up front, the garden centre or electronics. (Often our store equipment would go missing. Keys, scanners, etc) Many of my other co-workers were friendly but I felt as if the store wasn’t well managed and given the pay it wasn’t worth all that I put up with.
Pros
Some friendly co workers, 10% discount on groceries
Cons
Entitled customers, short staffing, high workload, expect to cover other departments you’re not trained in, creepy men.
Walmart is a great place for a first time job. The managers are very nice if you need help. They go through alot of training to help you succeed in your job and moving up in the company is easy if you work for it,.
I was so excited when they called me and wanted me to work for them. Has my first day the 18th of September and got called for my 2nd day on the 27th and I was really sick and got sent home after 4hrs. I couldn't stop coughing and then they fired me for missing too many days for being sick.
I make sure items for the day are clear with communication from the lead staff/ supervisor. Teamwork is valued. Everyday is a learning experience, i am motivated to work and respect diversity in the workplace. Hardest part of the job is when you cannot please everybody, i try to work always at my best. The most enjoyable part is meeting and greeting people from different nationality. And team is in good relationship.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No breaks
When I started working there, a lot of co-workers and the managers would always helped me and taught me how the machine worked, how to put the codes in the machine whenever you get vegetables and fruits. A lot of times we would ask a customer for master card. When it was slow, sometimes we would collect garbage and hangers. I would always be friendly to a customers whoever came to my till. I always enjoyed talking to a customers. Sometimes the CSMs would call me and ask me to do some computer work. Of course you have to get at least 90%, otherwise you would have to start over again. I think until I stopped working there, I was getting a decent amount of hours. Sometimes a co-worker would ask me to take their shift, so he or she can work at different places or get a day off for whatever reason. There were also times I would have to call someone on the phone whenever a customer needed. I always asked questions, because sometimes I wouldn't know what I was suppose to do or I gave a customer a wrong change..etc. I think the manages were very friendly and very helpful. I really enjoyed working as a cashier at walmart. because you get to meet new people all the time, you learn new things, once you get used to working you would be faster of doing things. I just liked to scan items and putting codes in the machine. It was fun.
Pros
busy days were always fun, because the time went by real quick
Cons
slow day, less people in the store
Some of the other parts of the store was okay but most of the management was able to be seen walking around the store playing on their phones and talking to each other. Leader hid in the office and never came out.
Cons
can be very fast place to work. Need to be able to stand on your feet and have a good back. Have to smile and be friendly and you would in any position....loved it but got injured.
If you are just starting out in the workplace it's a great place to learn about retail, and what customers expect. The culture preaches integrity and respect for the individual, both of which I have seen very little.
It was a steady job that gave me a moderate amount of work but never strived to push the employees or encourage them. The bosses are friendly and some of the coworkers can be quite pleasant.
Working at Walmart consists of long days and nights. Helping customers is always great because you made someone's day. Coworkers are great and always willing to help. The management was great because they did they're best to work around your schedule and your mental health problems.
Pros
Discount on all items in store
Books over part time hours, no full time benefits . Favoritism and lax punishment for favorites . Immensely stressful workplace, I've anonymously been given a nasty note that seemed very misdirected. Always scrambling to help customers even though it should be done with ease, not stress and having to constantly struggle with rushes.
Pros
10% merchandise discount
Cons
Strange shifts, long hours, hard work days
Learned a lot here. Learned how to manage a floor and handle conflicts. Most enjoyable was probably knowing we killed it as a team even though it got insanely busy at times. Hardest part was not enough staff to cope with so many customers.
Pros
half of your hour lunch was paid on Sundays. Small raise every year.
Cons
Not enough hours. No benefits unless you're full time.
it is a good company to work for but each store has its own advantages and disadvantages as well as favouritism in each store as well advancing in walmart comes with a lot of sucking up to the currnet management
working at this company wasn't the best. Some of the people who were put in higher up postitions were extreamly rude. The best part of the job was working with some of the other cashiers
Greet customers in a friendly manner Ring the customers items through fast and efficiently Promote the Walmart Mastercard App
Pros
Work with great people, benefits are great
Cons
Hours are all over the place being part time
On a typical day at work, I thoroughly enjoy my job, I have learnt many skills in dealing with people (coworkers and customers). The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers, but also I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the fact that I am not full time and I don't have benefits.
I learned a lot at this job as it was my very first one. I got alone with all of my co-workers and still talk to most of them. The hardest part of the job was the managers, they where not very good at their jobs and played favorites. The best would be the co-workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
management
was an unloader at wal mart worked evenings and mostly unloaded trucks as they came , when there was no trucks we worked to restack shelves and help customers
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
Great place to work if you are just entering the world force. Not much room to move up in the company, not very flexible with regards to work schedule.
Walmart is a great place to work oh all ages 17-75 fast and friendly place to work its a place everyone knows your name
Pros
good starter money
Cons
part-time hours