Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Pincher Creek, AB

Walmart Pincher Creek has great staff other then the slow periods hours are good. Smaller store then most locations so easy to find merchandise for customers.
A typical day was unloading general merchandise trucks and unloading other truck delivery's that came in for that day after unloading the truck we would go for our dinner break and come back and have to pick items from the designated area that they were placed for night shift to come in and restock the shelves
Pros
Team work
Cons
management could have done a better job was easy to get along with some of them and hard with others
Not all Walmart’s suck to work at, this one however was very bad, I’ve worked at 3. Management was not helpful, the customers could become violent, and fellow employees constantly fought.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The people
You need a strong muscles and body to work in produce. the working hours are flexible and you have a discount card as an employee to use when you shop in the store.
Working in Walmart is very demanding Market Manager was very difficult to work for showed no caring for Mgmt and totally ignored associates and their needs Walmart used to be a caring company and great to work for but that is no more they do not care at all about treating their associates with respect
The culture in pincher creek Walmart is not what you want to see in a big corporation like Walmart. The management would rather delegate work to the lower level staff and stand around chatting with their friends. Seeing how long ago my employment was, now as a customer, I believe that nothing has changed under new management. Stock is still not being put on shelves accordingly.
The pay is kind of cheap but was very thankful for the opportunity and met alot of new people and If I were to be presented with that opportunity again I would probably take it because it is an overall good place to work at.
Pros
Disscounts
Cons
The hours were pretty long and the check never seemed worth it when i got it.
good people to work with besides the managers, its a job to get you by you wont move up in the company unless your sucking up to the bosses doing your job and showing up will not get you there
Pros
people to work with
Cons
it was a enjoyable to work, they had flexable hours so I can go to school, my co-workers were very polite, you also get to work on certain skills that can help you in the long run.
Pros
get to work felixble hours
Cons
hateful customers
Walmart treats all employees as an expanse. No thanks is shown for a job well done. Good place to learn retail skills Very little training is provided on the floor in using the telzon gun. You have no supervision so learning how to do your work properly is a your own. Walmart does not hire enough employees so workers can get stressed out and cut corners to complete their job even if it is not done properly. Staff turn over is too high so only a few employees are around with any experience.
Pros
Retail knowledge, till, stocking, customer service can be self learned
Cons
Not enough staff, cut shifts without warning. Good work not rewarded
Working for McDonald's was a very fun an a learning experience for me. I got to meet alot of great hard working people an working there was one of my best jobs I've had so far. I got to see the most important thing there was how to build there great tasting sandwiches. It also gave me alot of courage on what I em capable of as a worker myself.
Pros
Discount an the free beverages.
Cons
With the change in management the store has gone down hill. You can no longer make suggestions on how things can improve. If you make any comment you are thrown under the bus and blck ball. If you leave and apply and had a great employment record if you made any comments about managememt style you will never be hides back. It is a very sad affair. .
Pros
Your pay check does not bounce
Cons
Management cutting hours no staff on the floor. Limited benefits .
Typical day at work such as heritage would be getting my cart organized with sheets , bags , soaps , towels and other beding arrangements. First thing I would clean in a room would be the bed , I would remake the bed or perhaps change the sheets if necessary. After the bed i would dust off the counters , clean the mirrors I would then vaccuum the rug. When the bedroom is all tidy I would change my attention to the bathroom. Where I would scrub the toilet , the bathtub even the sink. After my scrbbing duties I would then mop the floor. After that room I would proceed the next rooms that need to be cleaning.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
people who dont flush toilets
Good place to work when there is enough associates to cover every piece of work that needs to be done. Sometimes has issues with keeping employees and is slow to hire replacements.
Life is never boring as a dept manager at Walmart especially in the summer months. I however would like more family friendly hours. Our new Manager is great to work for and tries her best to help us out when we need it. The hardest part of my job is getting all of the freight put away especially when we are short staffed.
Pros
Managers are great to work with
Cons
The hours aren't very family friendly
Dealing with customers was great, some were rude but I just stayed professional. My days there were tough at the beginning, but than I started to enjoy it. Talking with with customers & making friends but most importantly I loved my job there as a cashier.
the job had good benefits and good management. i made good money payed bi-weekly and the job was secure. the workplace environment was positive and fun.
wal mart was a great working experience, there was a lot of people interaction and helped me with my social skills. this job dealt with a lot of trust, working with the merchandise in the warehouse as well as keeping counts. helped me to become an more independent young adult
Pros
happy work enviroment, very team oriented
assist customers in finding products, learn new things everyday and management is easy to work with if a problem arises
Pros
every week one day is a themed luncheon
a typical day would be working from 8-4 helping costumers, putting out games, movies, and other stock. I learned how to talk to costumers set up tvs and about tvs. management was good always treated me like another person never made you feel lower than anybody always there if you had a question and answered it to there best abilities. co-workers were good worked well with me and I workered with them. if one couldn't do something tried to do the best to help them out. working till I didn't really like standing around in the same spot getting a lot of manuel work. it was hard to come upon but when theyd ask me id do it.
Pros
getting in long hours
Cons
not alot of work
made friends, hopefully not forgotten , hours where okay, nothing to complain about just had a better job opportunity!