Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Pickering, ON

Working in a diverse environment that can help you gain more work related experience. You work with good and helpful people that make your working environment enjoyable.
The interview and hiring process is easy enough, that’s what lures you in. After, you get harassed by managers to perform miracles within an obscene given time frame. Part timers get no respect and do the most work. Coworkers is what get you through the day solely by encouraging eachother that the shift is almost over. You go in every shift thinking it will be good to have the same results over and over again. This job is the definition of insanity. Horrible discount as well.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
I was happy to have my starting experience be with Walmart. It was a great group of people and I learned a lot about the corporate world, since before I had been mostly self-employed working around my neighborhood.
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and exceeding customers expectations. the customers usually really responded by thanking you and purchasing recommended goods. the management success was reflected in the sales target increases year over year. the work place culture was one of personal integrity which in turn garnered personal respect and trust from fellow workers. a typical day included daily updates on management objectives as well as employee's suggestions. the hardest part of the job for me was the departure of a fellow associate. you learn quickly that every day brings new products and technology in this environment.
great people, good environment, understanding managers, flexible, stressful, high paced, people orientated, social, one on one management, bad politics sometimes.
Walmart gives opportunity for self growth. Very accomodating to immigrants, young people, teenagers and young adults that is. Will allow over 40 hrs where personal needs demands it.
I was a single mom when I first started working at Walmart and I was hired part time I did a bunch of different jobs there until I found full time so that I could have benifits for my child.. Sometimes that place can make you feel very unappreciated but I have met some of my best friends at that place and I woukd never change it for the world... I would love to work there again some day.
A typical day of work as a Customer Service Manager led me to allocate resources and plan my day out according to the staff I had. I learnt all about the proper way to manage my team and how best to approach the day. Though management shifted a lot in my time there, for the most part, management showed clear interest in giving credit where credit was due. It was important to highlight the successes of different members of my team and I am proud of that. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I had the ability and technical power to successfully manage a team without assistance.
I am satisfied so far with Walmart bu I only work twice a week! I am looking for another part-time or full-time so that I can afford my cost of living!
I worked two years there and the management miss treats and constantly uses employees without considering their personal life / well being. I'd only really recommend this job to people struggling to find a job as this will give you valuable experience and gives opportunity to train on machinery
okay place to work if your looking for something part time to do on the side to make a little money but not necessarily ideal if your looking for a steady job that pays well
I loved working at walmart. I love being a cashier and talking to me people al day. the workplace environment was amazing and all the people were nice.
Very busy stacking shelves. Labeling of produces. Great and hospitable management. Collaborative culture. Heavy lifting of produces. meeting new associates and BBQ days.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Late breaks
the associates at the location I work at are hard working and easy to get along with. Management makes sure we have the tools needed to do our jobs and are always open to new ideas.
management leaves much to be desired. there are difficult customers, but those aren't as often as the good. coworkers super friendly for the most part. easy to take time off as long as you give required advanced time notice.
Pros
super flexible with scheduling
Cons
management, monotonous
This review is for the Pickering, ON Walmart. Long 8+ hour shifts for "part time" workers. Management doesnt care about workers. No room for advancement since they hire on new managers. Working fulltime isn't an option. The discount is a joke, this company will not take care of you like other companies will. I feel like a number instead of a person working here. Working here i've learned not to jump into any work place; this is a very unenjoyable place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers (sometimes) and going home at the end of the night. Management either schedules you fulltime hours or no hours at all, no inbetween.The only discount is 10% off (not even taxes). I wouldn't advise working here unless you're desperate. Again, this review is for the Pickering Walmart.. the other ones might be run fine.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Long hours, apathetic management, favouritism, back aches
Fun place to work. Nice co-workers and management. Dealing with customers can get annoying but the work environment helps you stay calm and relaxed. V
The environment is decent, you get long hours guaranteed but very little flexibility, majority of the management is poor. Literally one person in management who is good.
Cons
Long hours, no flexibility
always fast paced and expected you to work miracles within time frames. Not enough staff for to much work. work assignment sheets with unaccounted time and not enough hours is the day to get everything done.
Pros
Free work out
Cons
bent to the will of people who do not do/know your job
working for Wal-mart for 10 years and more i would say that this company is meant for kids in school and not for an adult that is looking for a career.
A typical day at work would involve usually happy, friendly co-workers, but grumpy, rude customers. I learned to not let miserable customers get to you from day to day. Management was very professional and friendly. If you ever needed to talk, they were there. Hardest part of the job for me would be the very rude customers unfortunately. The most enjoyable part would be the co-workers and the actual job itself wasn't too bad and I learned to enjoy it. The only complaint would be that they didn't take what was going on in my life into consideration.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Lots of standing