Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Peterborough, ON

typically a day consists of taking online orders and picking the items from the shelves for customers. covering lunches, unloading skids and trucks onto the floor and helping customers.
Pros
flexible lunches
Honestly, I love the workplace culture of Walmart, where people respect each other. It is not easy to manage all the things in Walmart, but I respect to Walmart management team for their efforts and smart work. I learned a lot such as customer relationship, a co-worker relationship, Canadian culture, ethics, enhanced my productivity, merchandise management, and many more by working in a Walmart.
Pros
Employee relationship
Cons
Less hours
Getting to learn new things everyday and trying to be more productive and interactive with my teammates. Its fun and safe working place. Working in this company made me feel different in terms of respect and integrity.
work life balance nice staff especially the management is topnotch fun activities on occasions a lot of benefits such as discounts of flights tickets, theme park tickets, car rentals.
Pros
working hours
Negative stigma of working at Walmart, but really it did pay my Bills. I didnt feel taken advantage of or disrespected. Big company so you're not going to be valued but it's not a career there so....
The people were okay. They expect you to do the same amount of work even when hours are being cut. Management is not good at dealing with people who do not really do much work.
Pros
Job is not that complex in general.
Cons
Very stressful, hard to do the same work with less hours.
When I started I got around 25-30 hrs/wk due to it being Xmas season, once January rolled around my work hrs got less & less each week! Now looking for something more full time to GUARANTEE my bills are paid!!
Walmart works like a family run business. They are willing to work around your schedule to a certain extent, but you cant go in thinking you will get weekends off or never work afternoons. If you are realistic in your expectations you will get what you give.
Good Environment Very Helpful co-worker management team is good Working hours good Working Schedule is good according to availability Lots of benefits
Fast paced work environment. Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers however, the job is easy.
They expect insane demands all of the time, if you need to leave for a funeral or something along those lines they will demand you to come in instead of going to pay respect. The amount of times they would approach you infront of customers to confront you about issues are ridiculous. there really didn't feel like there was any privacy in the workplace.
Walmart is excellent place for job . The management is so supportive in your career goal and profession. Interacting with customer gives you more confident
I like working there but there are things that could be better. There are some elements I don't care for. For example, there is a seniority element that is not official.
Stop making me do this when I dont have time, I just want to get away from here and go to may appointment but I am being forced to write this dumb review.
Alot of pressure on xashiers No support Plays favorite Personnal won't help with any issues Part timers get more hours than full timers Full time hours are only 28.5
I do have a nice experience working with Walmart. Walmart employees are really friendly and fun-loving so I had a great experience over there. we also had a different type of celebration there for associates and a lunch party at the workplace which make it a more better place to work.
They told me x amount of hours and x amount of $ for my wage, when hired the contract was way less for salary and hours. They said they'd send another contract, they sent another one with no changes then expected me to sign it. Sorry not sorry you need to put in the contract accurate figures as to what is promised in the interview.
I have countless stories about how obnoxiously capitalistic but this one takes the cake. IT IS TRUE! I was called out for not raising my fist in the air during the walmart cheer we did every shift. I was pulled into the office and a discussion was had. I don't remember the whole thing but, "remember who writes your paychecks" echoes in my head. When I told my colleagues about this, one of them immediately quit. He walked into the office, after 20 minutes emerged without a vest and said good bye.
Good environment with great managers. The time goes by very quickly. Mot enjoyable part of the job is working with customers. You have a work/life balance.
Pros
clean work, great people to work with
Cons
little pay
I learned important skills that are essential for retail work and managing customers efficiently and professionally.
Great staff and a few awesome managers. A bit confusing when you first start but its all good.
Pros
Great pay, nice hours, flexible
Cons
Some managers may be rude at times