Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Penticton, BC

everyday was good, how to stock shelves, front face products, zone, id say it was pretty nice getting called up for cash and helping customers find items on the shelf or letting them know when inventory will be coming in.
Working at Walmart was one of the best experiences of my life. I love every second there. The staff is very cooperative. Everybody there is very supportive.
As above, I think this is a good beginning Job. As for someone with experience unless you are willing to change your position its difficult to get more hours or shifts
All staff was really good different experience of my life work was fast paced but I liked time goes fast everybody very friendly over there if I don’t moved Calgary I would like to keep this Job
you don't get 10% off EVERYTHING like they say on their postings.. if it's on sale, you don't get any discount.. your no better then the customer. management treats employees like robots. Makes you work 2 ppls jobs and pay you min. Wage. If you transfer, you lose your profit sharing cheque in April, you lose your years of service badge.. you start over. Big wigs put that into their pockets
I had a good year learning about customer service and Working as a cashier and Store standards. Helping load and unload products for customers. They had a good management team and co workers. Loved working there for as long as I Have.
Management was the worst I have worked with. Not giving you the proper instructions for the job that needed to be done. When mistakes made they chastise you rather then teaching you the right way
No staff full expectations as if you had . Full work load and no staff to cover everyday requirements and had to work other departments that weren’t staffed
For the most part was a good company to work in. They have their fair share of bullies that they never reprimand, but if you could put up with the harassment it's a great place to work. The store manager even worked with us stocking shelves on the midnight shift and made the job fun.
Pros
Physically Active
Cons
The bullies and the stores' lack of disciplining them
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The staff are wonderful to work with. There is a definate feeling of being part of a team. When you get to work you know what the expectations are for the day. You make a plan and carry that out.
Pros
Benefits. Discount. Profit sharing
Cons
Swing shifts
It's located in beautiful Penticton. Shift work can make it difficult to have a full-time family life but alternatively, there are some that prefer shift work
I would not recomaned this place to anyone. They don't treat their employees good. They see them as expendable and then wonder why no one wants to work there.
Worked there for just over a year. Some management is ok, some are useless. Your raise is based on your yearly evaluation, which is a joke.Not a good place for advancement. If a complaint is made against you, you are automatically found "GUILTY"! It doesn't matter what you say to justify what you have said or done.Benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Not bad hours
Cons
Wages, Head Office
Was a great place to go into work each day, meeting new and old faces was fun.. I learned that any thing can happen when you work at a big retail store... Most management where easy to approach when you needed to talk. Everyone there was there to do a job and enjoy helping people. The hardest part of the job was leaving to get a full time job.. The easy part was picking up more hours when they needed some one
Pros
Was walking distance from home
Cons
not enough hours
Have worked in many areas of the store through out the years and have enjoyed every area. The most enjoyable part of working at Walmart are the people you work with. Always a great bunch. The hardest part is the hours. Would prefer a regular schedule over different hours and different days.
Pros
The People
Cons
Hours always different
An easy place to work. Very fast paced with minimal effort. Staff are generally friendly and the pay and benefits are worth it. Even The night shifts are fast paced.
Pros
Fast pace, good benefits, friendly workers
Cons
my typical day was ok, if you just want a to meet people. Walmart was just a place to work to just get the extra money if you want some casual work. It's not a place I would recommend to anyone to work.
Very busy job I'am lucky if i get two breaks in any one shift.I find Management is not very knowledgeable about labour law and work safe rules.
The work was pretty straight froward, but found the tasks repetitive. Could have used more constructive criticism from management vs the methods I encountered. Overall was not satisfied and is the reason I left....
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
Too much negativity from management
My typical day at work was to put freight away ,zoned ,cleaned and fix packages that where damaged ,go around my department and scanned any empty area of merchandise and than reordered ,also I had to view all my emails and replied to it .I also had to help my co workers with their extra work load of skids of products .After break I had to review my paper work and view my truck log to see if all my products came in from the truck .During the day I was also a cashier. I was grateful to learned a lot from business point of view with Walmart .I got along with every body ,I used to make people laugh a lot .Management did not carry the true leadership towards their employees , lack of compassion , not enough communication with the individual ,not knowing how to express their task ,and use wrong approach towards human kind .
Pros
liked the benefit from the profit sharing .
Cons
too many task all at once.
Everyone expects you to do their job. They do pay on time. I actually had a mistake on my roe and wrote head office which did correct it and apologized. This was incompetence at local office. Keep your pay stubs.
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Don't really pay a fair wage.