Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Pembroke, ON

There is a serious favoritism that goes on in this company and that's who gets all the hours regardless of how the person actually works. Good workers go unnoticed while bad workers get praised because they are friends with managers. Worst work environment I have ever been in. There is inappropriate relationships between managers and employees that are ignored by the company when they should be fired or split up on different teams. There is a lot of bullies in this Walmart location and it's disgusting.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, bullies, favoritism
I was on cash and I loved it I had to remember a lot of numbers and it was fast pasted work and I have been on the floor and in garden centre and I love it all
If this is your first job it’ll be very beneficial for you and your resume. They are very open and lenient, I was hired as a cashier but due to severe physical chronic pain they offered for me to become a self checkout attendant. I found I wasn’t getting enough hours working there as I am only part time so I went and got a second job, but I still work there as well and they were very good with me about it and very h deters don’t. Also, if you are a student they will work around your schedule as well which is a general benefit.
your not always treated fairly, i personally worked 3 departments for the past 2 years and out of no where getting thrown into places im not use to nor strong in. so in that case i would get treated poorly to the breaking point that i cant handle that enviroment anymore.
Normally everyday I'd come in early and clock in and the placement board would normally put me in the foods department for the whole day. I spent the whole day maintaining the entire department, mostly alone, and would help with the online grocery orders when it got quiet. All of my co-workers were very friendly and management was very coordinated. The job wasn't very difficult, but it was enough to keep me engaged, and was enjoyable almost everyday.
Pros
very consistent work schedule, easy to book time off if needed, rewarded for good work
Cons
days can get really slow, long periods with no breaks
We had BBQ Christmas diners contest on photographer employee of them month and week You got a discounts on things in the store Benefits for heath career Discount on Boots
Pros
Some Times
Cons
Same houers
Over worked, under paid, and the company is totally mis-managed. They lie, steal, and cheat their employees. take of benefits and do not provide them, promise deferred profit sharing, then take it back when you leave. People are not promoted on merit, instead they are promoted on stupidity.
Pros
Cons
All the above, including lazy workers and management.
Don't apply here if you like your weekends. I worked at Walmart for 2 years and never had a weekend or a Saturday or Sunday off without having to book it off
Pros
Good pay checks
Cons
No communiction
Great workplace Friendly environment Great break schedule Managers care about employees Employee discount is nice Christmas discount is a nice bonus
Pros
Free 15 minute breaks
Cons
Not enough cashiers to keep pace on weekends
It was a fun place to work! I actually loved it there, the other people in my department were fun to work with and you easily made friends! The management although gave you a rough time about everything and didn’t exactly stick to your scheduled breaks.
Pros
“Broke week”
Cons
Would not recommend this company to anyone you are just another number and they know if they can get rid of you they can get people who will work for nothing
Pros
Cons
everything
Had problems with personal issues addressed to them and did not care for my health and safety at all or ever for the time I was there...not a fun environment
Cons
I have been at walmart for almost 9 years and the management team in there is terrible. They either hide in the back room, gossiping or are walking around with their phones, texting and laughing, all the while drinking coffee. Two of them are alittle to close for comfort. They never give you a straight answer to questions and seem confused with the goals of the store or associates. Makes for a very stressful and unsettled work place.
Pros
Non
Cons
Weird shifts, constant confuision.
If you like to be busy, it's a great place to work as there is always something to do.Getting time off is not always easy as they have blackout periods due to being a retail store.Co-workers are like any other place....you have good one and bad ones.
Pros
Busy place so time passes quickly, regular pay increases, store discount
Cons
Time off issues, staff shortages
Orders usually "drop" during two different time frames. One around 5 am for the morning bunch of orders, and the second around noon for afternoon orders. Once we recieve the orders, we go onto the floor and find the items the customers want. The orders are split into individual grocery sections such as: Frozen, Pets, Produce, etc. Each customers order is also given a unique OSN that corresponds that separates the orders from each other. The hardest part of the job has to be trying to find the items when it is not on the shelves. We then need to search the other locations it may be like in the backroom or elsewhere on the floor, it tends to take up a lot of time, but not as much time as the picking itself takes up. Which can be 3 to 4 hours.
Pros
Great co-workers, Helping customers
Cons
Not much help when we need it, picking can take most of shift
It just wasn't a good fit for me, I don't think I will strive best as a cashier. Lots of hours if needed, part time working full time hours with no benefits.
Would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to raise a family on the salary, it is student job no hours management are not very nice there employees
Walmart would be an amazing first time job for someone looking to start out fresh, the team is so friendly and everyone is so welcoming, training is a breeze and it is a very stress free loving environment!
Good opportunity for students and part time work good hours for people willing to work and pick up shifts. Always looking for people who are willing to work.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Lacking staff and good management
i really like working at Walmart great one of the best jobs i had. got to work with some really great people made my day go faster
Pros
i liked everything
Cons
N/a
I like my job. My coworkers are good to work with also, my manager is a good to work with also. I am looking for another part time job. I'm a very hard worker