Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Peace River, AB

It's an ok place to work . Some people are friendly. Others think there all that and more. On the wage paid you can't make a living . Will need an extra job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay sucks
- le climat de travail est palpitante.- manque de communication interpersonnelle
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It was a pleasant place to work, learning new things about efficiency and general work experience, while in a comfortable and non-stressful environment.
Walmart in Peace River has gone downhill in the last three years, due to the fact that that they have a huge staff turnover. This happened when new management took over and got rid of a lot of longstanding people just to reduce the payroll. They also started offering jobs at -14.00$ an hour.
If you have knowledge and experience regarding your job then you will enjoy more. I really like to work here because of the Walmart policy and management system.
Wages are not great and a lot of part time so not a lot of benefits. The environment and management are good to be around. Discounts for employees is good. Makes up for some of the lack of wages
I had a good time working at walmart. I would like to say look for opportunities and you will find it.Sometimes it gets hard but its all good.Had good times working with good managers and the experience really make a difference.
As an Assistant Manager a typical day would include working with associates, training on new processes, ensuring accurate payroll, day to day running of the business as well as dealing with customer concerns or inquiries. There is a strong culture of respect for the individual and diversity. The hardest part would be getting into the fall seasons with back to school,thanksgiving and then Christmas keeping up with the influx of freight but the most enjoyable part is the wonderful people that you work with and the sense of family.
Pros
Great people
Cons
freight flow
Scheduled cashiers breaks and dealt with customer services. Management was easy to work with. Hardest part is angry customers. Most enjoyable was the coworkers.
Good place to work. Horrible pay! Managers were friendly. Training was non existent. Store was poorly organized and under staffed. Made it stressful to fulfill customers needs.
Pros
Looked after a whole department
Cons
training
I was back office support when I gave my notice. I was moving and would no longer be able to full fill my position. I was the invoicing associate in back office. I worked in con-operation with receiving. I tracked inventory and completed work requests from head office daily. I had good managers. I liked every part of my position. I love working with people.
Pros
benefit programs, stock options
Cons
bad wages
Most management was very friendly and willing to teach. Majority of other employees were kind and willing to assist when needed.
the people who watched over the cashier workers were rude some times, there was this old guy ken that works there i was on my break and i was buying food for my lunch and he comes yelling at me saying i cant buy food if im on the clock and im trying to explain that im on my break and he just kept yelling at me
Pros
it payed good
Cons
made me work on days i did not schedule to work
There is always something to do even if you have done your required duties. Other associates can always use a hand with something and team environment is encouraged. Don't know why I ever left and am hoping to very soon return to the Walmart family.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great people to work with
Cons
advancement is limited if spouse works at same store
Overall Walmart itself was a decent place to work. Working in the Pharmacy became so stressful that I ended up with Anxiety attacks. I would've stayed with Walmart if the opportunity would of come up
i really enjoyed working with other people here it was fun every one was nice and i made a few friends while working there.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
some managers were rude and disrespectful
Schedules are not very friendly with part time workers since their system is not that flexible. Most of the Assistant Managers and CSM are not really concerned with customer service.
Started at wal-mart as a cashier and over the years was able to advance to a Store managers position, would highly recommend this company for the people and the company beliefs to anyone
Most days, the days I like best that seem to go by faster and keep me busy are the ones that make it seem metaphorically speaking I feel I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Those crazy insane busy days are the best and it gets better when the people you're working with have a good attitude about their work and the customers aren't all snooty.
Management was supportive and accommodated my schedule. Co-workers were supportive, helpful and fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. I learned that good customer service is the key and how you treat someone definitely can make for a good day. Typical day at work was working for 4 hours and then a break and then working another 4 hours and home I would go. The most enjoyable part was dealing with the customers and supporting other co-workers.
You were told you were appreciated but you felt that they were just saying that because they had to.
Pros
I had may free lunches which was great.
Cons
I was the same thing day after day