Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Parry Sound, ON

Training was minimal, procedures change depending on the Manager working at the time. Some managers get over stressed and relay messages to cashiers in inappropriate ways, my last customer before leaving actually apologized to me that I was inflicted verbally by a CSM for taking things into my own hands at lunch break and shutting down my til, even though I looked and did not see a CSM. There had been times when you follow a CSM procedure and then left standing and trying to figure out what you should do because that CSM is no longer there and no one takes over to follow the same procedure. Many people are rude because it is so busy and cannot figure out why they don't have all the til's open. Cashiers are overworked during tourist season and don't get enough compensation. Pushing the Mastercharge at the till is frustrating, most people already know how they want to pay, and maybe this should be done in-store instead. No young cashiers work at this store, word travels. Did enjoy talking to people and just doing the cashier job once I figured how to handle different circumstances. Management above CSM really does need to pay attention to what is happening out there and work with the CSM's to make sure they all follow the same procedures.
Pros
Extra discount day, Talking to people
Cons
Flipping shifts, 7 days shifts
It’s a minimum wage, minimal skill job, in a small town- that’s all that’s available. Managment was rude and abusive.Inconsiderate, unmotivated staff.It was a clean store, at times.
Not only is it the worst place to work, you have horrible customers that treat you as a sub human being and have managers that do nothing but sit in their office and do absolutely do nothing while their workers struggle with a rush, and are terrible at answering question. Mostly ends up making you like an idiot.. It is not a very well organized establishment/
Walmart was my first job away from the family business. It wasn’t the type of job for me but it was nice to experience something new. I met lots of people and made lots of friends.
Working at Walmart is not all bad, it sometimes can be a great place to work, but there are some days we are so understaffed that I personally end up doing my job and the job of others to help with the day. I find that the management knows the policies and procedures of the company well, but have held on to staff members that breach them constantly simply due to the lack of staff in all departments. I find this makes a stressful work environment, when you have to do your job and cover the job of people who just want to be there for a paycheck (a body as I would say) and they don't do their job. I have learned a lot from my previous store manager, and he left due to the stress of being the number one store in Canada. Workplace culture is a lot of personalities intermixing and causing some instances where work gets neglected, and tasks are left uncompleted. I find the most enjoyable part of my job is to be working with the public, and some management make the job fun and enjoyable I try to keep a routine when doing my job, it helps to keep it stable and make sure that things done in a timely manner, and not stay at work longer than I am scheduled, where other staff members stay longer after their shifts, in order to get more pay, I find the wages woefully lacking, as most are only paid just above minimum wage and no more, and others are paid simply because they have been there for many years, and their pay scale is high, and those that have been there long years, tend to do nothing more than their job
Pros
There are sometime BBQ Days and other events for the Staff
Cons
Taken away the half hour paid lunch on Sunday, Management is overworked, understaffed in all areas of the store, feel used and abused all summer only to have hours seriously slashed in the fall
never again will i work for a company that puts money before employees. they treated everyone quite poorly, training was minute and there was a lot of people that were over worked well beyond the outlined standards
Gained valuable experience in: sales, customer service and management. Great opportunity to make decent money, based on their commission structure. Decent base pay and benefits as well.
In my opinion, Wal Mart has a wonderful benefits program and great people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done within a 7 1/2 day shift. Sometimes not possible with what the company expects. In my opinion, no matter how hard you work, it was never good enough. Hardly ever a "Thank you" from managers. Would have given me more incentive to work harder to hear of a job well done.
Pros
Full time work and good hours
Cons
Never seemed the job was appreciated!
A typical day at work was keeping up y responsibilities as a cashier were to keep my scans per hour high, keep areas clean and safe of hazards. Restocking of returned product. The hardest part of the job was nothing as a cashier. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Was a decent job, was really straight forward so it did get pretty boring but when it was busy it was great! i worked cash so i got to talk to all sorts of people.
This place is no longer where i want to work, I get treated very poorly. Management has wanted to get rid of me due to my identification
It was a summer job, the people were ok. Nothing extraordinary. Got paid very little. But worked a lot of hours. As a part time job its alright you get the experience of working cash and handling customer satisfaction.
Start off the night with a quick team meeting, then we are given our areas where are working and we stock those areas. Basically what I have learned is how to multi-task more efficiently and how to maintain and clean up after a busy day dealing with customers. The management team in my opinion isn't nessessarly the most effective team I have worked with from previous employers, because I am usually 2 to 3 steps ahead of them through the night, but they do try and make an effort to accomadate the needs of the associate. My co-workers on a good night we are a very effective group, however on some nights our team seems to not work on the same page and put the effort. The hardest part of my job at this point is trying to adjust myself back to working overnights after being off 6 months due to injury. the other hardest part to my job is trying to adjust from working different areas in the same night. The most enjoyable part about my job is the fact I am working different people constantly.
Pros
Guarenteed full-time hours year round
Cons
Not much of a social life
Clean the store, Grab carts out front, garbages. Interesting people to work with
Depended on day, was trained for many positions, could put where they felt. Busy day, usually went by fast.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
People not as friendly/ needs work on customer service
i had a lot of fun working at walmart, and wouldn't mind working there again some day. the co workers were nice and the management really understood the people working and shopping there.
Wal Mart was a good place to work for. Mangment was veyr helpfu