Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

It being good working for Walmart. It give you an Avenue to grow your career. Very friendly and team work environment. In Walmart customer is the first
The company is so big they don't care much about their so called associates. They pay so little money for such demanding, stressful and tiring job in a busy environment. I felt like my manager looked at me as a machine rather than an employee, only caring that I stock shelves "as much as possible".
Pros
Somewhat easy to get in if you are looking for a general/student job
Cons
Everything is built around company's revenue, with little attention to employees
I loved working at Walmart until the front end got a new manager and I hated it from there on. Young useless manager came in. Had no respect for the employees. No concept of working with disabilities. Woulddn't even listen to March of Dimes, who represented me because I have disabilities. She made the front end go down.
Cons
Young manager with no respect.
I worked as part time overnight Fulfillment associate during weekends with Walmart Canada between September 2014 and August 2016. As Overnight Fulfillment associate, I was responsible for stocking merchandise on the correct counter in the correct space according to the label or instructions ensuring stability, filling floor plans and modular with correct merchandise, securing heavy display items to avoid tip overs, writing and securing merchandise price information on small to medium sized signs, collecting boxes and making bails for recycling using the a compactor as well as zoning the department(s) and front-facing the merchandise.
Pros
Guaranteed minimum hours and embrace of technology
Cons
Reduced hours during slow sales seasons like in winter months
One of the most stressful position is Customer Service Manager at the front end. Also, I feel that there has to be changes to be made in return policies at customer service desk. Also there is a bit pressure on MasterCard Sales per day, I mean that’s fine but in terms of pay, there is so much work as Customer Service Manager.
Management doesn't care about you even when you sick they still ask you to show up for work. They hire you in a position and make you do what you where not hired for
This is a very good place to work as a stepping stone. As most other retail minimum wage places you aren’t paid enough for the stress you endure and are not truly valued by the company however there is room for growth within the company and the coworkers usually make it worth while
Pros
- profit share
Cons
- pay
Most of the workers here are students or those in between jobs. It's a great place to meet and interact with new faces that may become friends. I would recommend this job to anyone, it is suitable for any age group.
Management was rude. Not fun or a great place to work. Employees seemed unmotivated to work. Walmart customers aren’t great either. Wage wasn’t good and tasks for very repetitive
This company gives you a lot of experiences. Every day is a new day with new challenges. This company is all about customers. If they are happy the company is happy. So customer entertainment is the prime goal of this company.
The management was not good if u didn’t kiss there butt you were nothing to them. they don’t Accommodate to people with special needs and they don’t listen
As a short term job, especially part time, Walmart is satisfactory as a job, but full-time or long term employment involves little to no pay raise, few benefits (partial dental, medical, and accidental death/injury payouts) that must be paid in to per paycheque, ever increasing stress from inconsistent management, and even chronic physical pain from the pace, albeit not much.
The job is good for if you need to have first time experience. They don’t put enough associates on the floor most days. They also don’t do follow ups on proper training
Collaborative efforts required to complete and finish work. Fun to interact with new people and feels good to assist them. One can develop good customer service skills
There were too many employees that did nothing but walk around with their freeking cell phone in their hands rather than help customers. There was a lot of employees that didn`t want to help customers because it wasn`t their department. If you are a responsible employee,then watch out because you will be stuck doing twice the work since the other employees would rather hide and play on their phones and not do what they were paid to do.
Nothing, I was not interested in working in Walmart at all. Not with the money or hours you get, I didn’t get paid for 6 week at one point- do no apply
It’s an alright place but they are very strict about MasterCards, gotten to a point that if you don’t get enough your hours will get cut, not fair, since your job does not involve selling. People you work with are mostly nice.
The typical shift included clocking in and then making sure that the customers were well-provisioned with shopping for their convenience. Additionally, I had to do the garbage and cover some co-workers at customer service desk, greeter, shelf or dairy associate during their lunch or if they were absent. The hardest part of the job was the excruciating cold of winter while the most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers. I learned a lot at Walmart.
Best company in the world to work for. Paid fairly. Encouraging management teams in place. I would highly recommend it to anyone in any career field. Join the Wal-Mart family!!
Over the many Walmart stores I have worked for, I have found a common theme across all of them; managers all love to have control over what you can and will do. Working for Walmart is a good place to start, but for your own good, find somewhere else that might actually care about you as an employee. Advancement in the company to anything worth while is slim to none if you start at a lower level job like a Cashier, as managers tend to force you to not move to different positions within the company.
The work is very suitable for people who want to define their time available to work. It is very suitable for a flexible schedule. Good environment to work.