Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

I had an extremly positive experience with Walmart for the most part. The saddest thing is 82% of people live under the poverty line. Excellent service and Lower prices don't always add up to good life
Management is pretty much non existent at Whitby location and long time staff at this location are extremely toxic. If your looking for quick job until you find something better this place will do. They are always cutting hours and never show appreciation towards staff or a job well done
Pros
Job if you need money
Cons
Management, cleanliness, pay
faced paced environment. working at Walmart give you an opportunity to meet variety of people young and old. the average amount of hours per week is usually about 30 hrs and could also go as high as 44 hrs depending on your availability. Highly recommended for students.
Great place to grow and learn, great team building and work exercise. Tons of room to expand and work. 7 hour shifts, fulfillment position requires lots of physical labour and training. Well paced and fast.
The workplace is great and has a fast working environment.t will help you. Great salary and has a awesome workplace environment. I would recommend people to work at Walmart as it is a good experience especially interacting with customers.
It's Walmart, so the pay is bottom of the barrel, and head office only cares about you so far as to not get into legal trouble. That being said, depending on the location the management are often very acommodating and the job itself can be decent if you like socializing with strangers.
The job is fast-paced. If you love such a job, then it is ok. You have to be standing continuously for two hours at a stretch, which is not always good for your body. Muscle cramps, back pain, etc. are byproducts.
They are reasonable, they work with your schedual and will ensure you are safe and comfortable working for the company . i saw them train there staff well and i did there intence training as well. wouldnt advise for single parents
A typical day in the Meat/ Dairy/ Dry Grocery was spent stocking products, checking expiry dates which expired food was thrown out and checked the cooler temperatures. The management was excellent as they were always understanding and cared about their employees. The hardest part of working in meat/ dairy and dry grocery was taking the bins which are full of expired food that can be quite heavy to the loading dock. I loved even when the department was not too busy there was always work needed to be done and I found it quite relaxed.
Nice company to work with, provide many other benefits, many other fun activities, follows all the workplace hazards rule and certifications. Overall it is a great experience.
Greeting customers and providing outstanding customer service and information on merchandise. Alongside, rotating stock respectfully and putting away merchandise as needed.
Worked as a cashier for 2 years before switching to fashion merchandising. As a cashier your feet will ache for hours after your shift as you have to walk around and be on your feet all day. Customer Service Managers are power hungry and try to micromanage you every chance they get. If you are a student like I am they don’t understand the importance of attending class versus attending shifts. Switching from cash to merchandising was lighter on try body however coworker were completely rude. Talking behind my back every chance they got and literally hanging up and accusing me of certain things. I HAD ANXIETY going into this place every single shift. DO NOT RECCOMMEND
Lousy working environment..very toxic atmosphere. They care only & I do mean only about customers. The management have no qualifications of being managment.
Overall, Walmart is a good company to work for. I have enhanced my communication skills by helping and supporting customers to meet their needs. Being a full time student and working at Walmart has allowed me to have a good balance of school and work. However, there does need to be improvement with management and scheduling enough staff.
the job was only a stop gap between jobs , however the people I worked with became good friends. Its unfortunate that the company does not the see value in their staff.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor morale
I've worked here for around half a year and at first you're starved for hours then you work 2 weeks with no day off despite availability. The managers that aren't promoted from your crew do not respect your work at all, I personally am frequently told everything I've done wrong with no positive feed back. Managers from other shifts/ departments have no issue with talking down to you and even showing up during your shift outside of their working hours to do this. Despite the massive disconnect between management and on the floor employees the other members of the staff are generally more helpful. I would not recommend working here as a means for steady work, it's an invassive company that often demands too much and for nothing in return.
Pros
Go fellow employees, decent pay
Cons
Management, no quality of life, company often too invasive when hiring.
The management team does not cooperate with or care about the staff. The staff are given little to no hours and is not a stable job. Awful place to work at.
Walmart is an excellent place for high school students and part-timers however when it comes to advancements the positions are far and few in between.
Walmart offered an enjoyable work place with endless advancement opportunities. They offered an abundance of hours even for part time and provided an easy going work environment.
This place isn't very busy. I had to work extra hard to pull customers into the store. I liked working alone and having that type of responsibility. It was a decent place!
I've liked working at Walmart for the time I've been here, good people surrounding you and I always enjoy working with customers (for the most part). We get free lunches a lot of the time which is fun, and the benefits and vacation hours are great even for a part-timer. The most annoying part of the job would probably be rude customers and sometimes it can be boring working on the salesfloor if there isn't much work that needs to be done. Other than that, I would recommend working here. You get a decent amount of hours too depending on your availability, plus there is a profit sharing that each associate receives every year that can range anywhere from $300-$1800, depending on how much the store made that year and how long you have been working there.
Pros
Profit sharing, good benefits
Cons
Rude customers