Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Orleans, ON

Its Walmart, you know what you are in for. Minimum wage, hard work, boring work, but its work. First job I had and they hired me right away, so I cant complain.
Great company with lots of support for associates. A few bad managers mixed in but overall good. Poor work and home balance as you go higher up with the company.
Very well received and would recommend for any retail workers to apply. Benefits are very welcoming and help part time workers as well.Supervisors experienced in the field and help with problems.
Good place as a starter work environment for young adults. Learn basic working skills that will serve you for the rest of your life. Learn customer service skills Learn basic logistic skills
Pros
Friendly place to work and flexible hours
Cons
Can be very busy at times
this place was my high school, I loved working here because I could work with my friends. the job was very chill because I could conversate with my friends. this was a very good volunteer job i loved
Walmart is a very great place to work. Management treat there employees with respect, with dignity and they are always there to listen to your concerns. They don't treat you any differently from them. We all work has a team and they always happy to hear suggestions from there employers. Plus the benefits there are Awesome and they have benefits for part timers and full time
Pros
You get to decide when to take your break and lunch. 1 hr lunch for 8hrs
Cons
No cons
•Constantly maintain a positive attitude and enjoy helping people •Cooperatively work with others to produce and deliver required work •Interacting with customers: providing information about product specials; recommending products according to customer preferences; performing price checks
it was really busy place but I loved so much and it's now time to move on with my career, and I enjoyed helping customers and my co workers, I had great team thank you Walmart for everything.
Beginning this job I was very nervous and received a lot of hours. Working until 11 pm frequently on a weeknight was difficult including the fact that I was very invested in my extra curricular activities. Attempting to change my hours and the amount I was working was a difficult task. I met a lot of great people at this job. I made plenty of friends and I am enjoyed going to work sometimes knowing I was going to be with them. I was unable to continue this job after 6 months because my extra curricular activities were overwhelming which I was later unable to continue completing my shifts. Overall Walmart is a great place and I wouldn't mind going back.
Always a great day at work. I do not have one bad experience working at Walmart. You learn to have responsibilities because there are always things that need to get done. Most enjoyable part is lunch.
Pros
Everyone is great to work with and I am never bored
Cons
Rude customers
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new co-workers. Walmart was my first official job, startted off at cashier moved over to produce to receive a raise in pay.
A typical day at work with start as early as 6 am and finishes at 2:30 pm and its full of joy & all about keeping customers happy. I learned a lot about retail business being part of the team, management outstanding in this location,although i live far from the location and there's another two locations near me but this place's atmosphere and work place culture drives me this extra mile everyday. the hardest part's not be able to help a customer out and the most enjoyable's to help a customer out.
A typical day at work at walmart was not enjoyable. The management would forget your breaks regularly. They were not flexible whatsoever with hours. I am in grade 12 and asked for MAXIMUM 20 hours a week, and they would schedule me between 25-27 each week. I asked to not be scheduled sundays for religious reasons and they would keep scheduling me each sunday. The most enjoyable part about my job was my co-workers. Everyone was very nice and friendly with each other and helped each other out if needed.
Cons
Not flexible with hours, Over booked me
Loved my job at the beginning, however when management changed, hours got cut, employees weren't happy anymore. Good job if you need a flexible work schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, not a lot of staff on at one time
Greet customers as they arrive at the deli counter / section and inquire into their purpose of visit Provide information regarding available deli items such as meats and cheeses Educate customers about the contents and cuts of various deli items Make sandwiches and salads from deli items according to customers’ instructions
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
availability
I did not like working here. I was a cashier and I found they they treated myself and other cashiers with no respect and would often get mad when there was noting that I could do about the situation because I would need a CSM to come and help and they would not.
great company to work with. great community envolvement. l have learned shoes, deli, and customer service skills as well as a cashier.
Pros
all good
Cons
Overall, my job is challenging and requires a lot of direct customer dealings. Moreover, managing all the cashes and maintaining the front end of the store clean is required.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
a little bit stressful
This was a terrible place to work. There was no concern for employee safety and people were intimidated by most of the management staff.
I learned that working in a fast past environment requires strong leadership. Good motivation and timeliness are key to success. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lack of properly structured and maintained training.
I enjoyed working at Walmart, the changes and challenges kept you on your toes and always learning something new. Some nights we had fun with the associates to make it seem like the nights were not so long. Walmart helped a lot when times were rough. The hardest part about my job was the knowledge that I may never work days and l\always be on nights I really enjoyed working for Walmart. The Management was good and the associates were good as well. Everyone works as a team. I take away from this job the knowledge of how to be a good assistant manager. A typical day for me would be to show up an hour before my schedule, get my associates on paper as to where the will be stocking for the night. Double checking that the freight numbers are correct and that I have enough associates to get the jobs expected of me from my store manager complete. The rest of the night would be walking the store making sure associates are working as fast and efficiently as they can, answering questions associates may have. Doing some merchandising. Attendance tracking of associates.. I would at times have to write up evaluations on associates this was done on every associates every year. At the end of each night we would walk with he store manger to inspect the condition of the store.
Pros
enjoyed being in charge of a large team and seeing the productivity
Cons
management was not working as a team