Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Orillia, ON

Great middle management Asst MGRs and CSM's. Fun staff, but Covid makes this essential service dangerous. Customers can be aggressive and demanding. Hours are long and shifts are all over the place. Pay is low.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Shifts all over the place, low pay no benefits
The people are very friendly, not just in my department but throughout the store. There are always numerous managers present which ensures there is always back up but the only drawback is that a single question can possibly have multiple conflicting answers depending on who you ask. Regulation consistency can be a frustrating problem but overall it is a positive place to work.
Good as a first job for high school kids lots of hours.other then that is pretty bad management care only about making money, not enough workers for all the work you have to do. Over all it’s a one star
if i could give less than 1 star i would. this is probably the worst place to work. there is no communication between managers and scheduling is a joke. i had to fight with management to get my "guarenteed" 12 hrs a week.
Lots of hours and great co-workers. Never a dull moment and always opportunity to learn new skills and improve on existing ones. Great management support.
Always able to meet my needs as an employee doesn’t matter if it’s a sick day, vacation time or doctors appointment! It is a great company to work for although the wages could be a little higher. I’m thinking $16.50 instead of $14.20.
I enjoyed the people I worked with , love working with the customers, management was less then helpful, only left position because of another employment opportunity
The company is very accommodating with other occupations in the Shoe department. Walmart is busy, and there are not too many chances to chit chat, which I like. I enjoy working with people where whether I was a cashier or shoe department associate.
A typical day at work is very fun, the coworkers there are amazing and you get to interact with customer all day and be very social (if thats up your alley) While working there I sure did learn how to be more independent in the work place, learned how to count tills and there is always was to work your way up and learn more in the future, your never stuck. management there is amazing, I absolutely loved them there. they're very good to their employees but they also don't tolerate no shows and calling in. The hardest part of the job sometimes can be dealing with difficult customers but with the right coworker and making friends, you will always have people to help you if you need it.
Pros
hours, friends, customers, fast pace, never bored
Cons
when people call in, it sure can make your day 100 times more stressful
kept busy but when you needed assistance for a customer, like grocery carry out, there wasn't always an answer to the call. 2 different answers from front end CSM's on a customer related issue which caused problems later.
Pros
good hours during peak season in summer
Cons
no hours during winter
This has to be one of the best jobs that Ive ever had, very fast pace helps with shifts going by fast, the hours are good and very flexible for students. I loved the people that worked their too, really easy to make friends.
Pros
Pay, and co-workers
Cons
Shifts were usually 6.5 hours a day, really hard to get long shifts.
co workers are amazing but management needs help. I learned a lot through the years and there are benefits including profit sharing and pension for full timers
I worked there for many years gained a lot of experience , positions from back room processes, sales floor, department manager , cashier, customer service manager, accounting. For me it became all about the wage or lack of it . For that I give them a poor review . Someone that worked hard for that many years should not be making same as someone who just started.
We begin the shift by unloading and organizing the truck order. We then place merchandise on shelves according to the plan-o-gram. We pick merchandise and bin any overstock while remaining compliant with safety standards. I enjoy assisting the Walmart customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Irregular shifts
Good place to start working to get you ready for future employment. Learned a lot about local produce and tips and tricks in the produce industry and field.
sense of responsibility among all staff also a good way to learn about other roles in a company that involves a lot of different departments. also a good leadership at work
The growth and advancement were very positive. Had a great start to a permanent career, but because of envy/jealousy from a higher lead management, because of my fast movement up the corporate ladder, the problems began and I had to leave. otherwise I would have remained and had gone further than ever anticipated.
It was okay at first, but then i started working 12 hour shifts and and having to close due to so many call outs. Missed out on a couple of breaks and the managers were rude.
while working there felt unwelcome and was not taught how to do things properly. i did not shadow another cashier, i was just put on a registar and then got awful looks when I would call the CSM over to help me.
Walmart has great stock and benefit options, so long term employment can really pay off. Having said this, the immediate pay is on the low side. Unfortunately the company does have a propensity to cut employee hours in order to maximize company profits. However, if you can work around this, their stock options can be quite lucrative for long term planning.
Pros
stock options
Cons
usually low work hours resulting in low pay
I worked at Walmart for a year. I found that my co-workers were great to be around but the supervisors and managers were not so friendly at times and they took a long time to answer a page from a cashier. Also if you booked time off or had to change your availability they scheduled in on the days you couldn't.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
work schedules, long waits for supervisors