Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Orangeville, ON

Walmart was a great place to find your first job as a student. I enjoyed working there and am happy to have this job experience. The managers were all excellent and easy to approach.
Pros
Easy going managers
Cons
Very little hours that got cut back even more
Most managers are not approachable. Especially the cash manager. Work/life balance is something they preach but don’t follow. When they are short staffed they don’t follow availability. And if you don’t get a customer to sign up for their credit card, threatened with job loss.
I felt like I could never do anything right, the staff there were very negative to work with. Always calling me out in front of customers telling me I was wrong. I felt so humiliated on many occasions.
no moving up pick up all the extra shifts always helping out was promised management role brought a 17 year old in and asked me to train her for the same role
They are always hiring because they keep having to replace people who quit, Wage is minimal, work hours vary all over the place so you can't call income reliable. Favourite hirees get identified early; no chance for advancement or transfer if you're not one of the preferati. No use pointing out necessary repairs; they seldom get done. Good people to work with but not to work for.
The always lots of learning new skills, do you best .
Pros
lots of people to work with.
Cons
you will see how corpret needs their $$$
The majority of management was really good, but there's always those few who just dislike you for no reason. The people I worked with were always the best part, and sometimes the customers were really sweet who made that shift all the better.
Working at Walmart in Orangeville was one of my favourite places to work the people at my store including management were very laid back and understood if you missed a day here and there because of illness etc. great place to work with great opportunities for advancement as they look to their employees first when looking to fill new or better positions.
Pros
free lunch occasionally, good people, great environment, easy work, get off at 1:30pm.
Cons
customers can be annoying occasionally but otherwise a great job. early start at 5am
Management is great Too many shifts Long Hours Nice co workers Great supervisors Customers are usually good as well Not too busy on week ends c
Pros
long lunches
Cons
many shifts
Fuffilment has the only hard working manager. the higher ups try to do things that simply dont work and they dont listen. its an easy job, but people try and make it difficult
Pros
good people
Cons
managers and commities that dont know what they are doing
Having worked in many different departments I was able to learn a variety of new skills. Being an entry level employee helped me see the career paths available to an individual who wished retail as a career. My coworkers were fabulous and we had great fun.
great place to work. enjoyed my time there. lots of growth potential. lots of on the job training. needs to be more salary competitive for amount of work required.
As a walmart cashier, I got to meet so many amazing people. Not only were my fellow co-workers amazing people but I got to meet so many amazing customers. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Unlimited hours.
Cons
long days, but more money!
I enjoyed working at walmart, but the manager did not like me, so i wasn't able to be promoted or move up with the company. The store owner was absent bit and hard to conact. I did not like being singled out.
Pros
the customers and employees
Cons
was all about managers favorites
the overnight managers are amazing people and will help you if you have any issues or don't understand something. I wouldn't recommend this job to somebody under 25 only because it will be extremely hard to make plans with your friends & Walmart can and will try to make you stay past 7
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay miserable employees difficult to advance
A typical day was short. I learned great deal on how to upsell. The hardest part were the hours. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and the customers.
I enjoyed working at Walmart. It's always busy and they maintain structure. They are dedicated to everything they do and display very good costumer service
Would be a great company if Management actually cared about their employees. There are no benefits for part-time employees and the employee discount doesn't even cover taxes.
A very well rounded company, worked in many departments such as maintenance, unloading the transport trucks and overnight work doing stock. I have met some great people there who are still in my life today. A very friendly environment and always had work to do
enjoyed my time at Wal-Mart was put in growing areas of responsibility at the beginning of my working career. allowed me to start my leadership experience
Pros
opportunties to learn
Cons
schedule
good place to work lots of fun great people and great management and good people really keen on customer service and very clean