Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Olds, AB

I enjoy working with the company because of the challenge in managing my department. Walmart has given me the opportunity to broaden my management experience with great training tools and positive feedback. I've found most of the management team to be respectful of their associates and easy to approach. Fellow associates are pleasant and as a result it's been easy to make friends. The hardest part about my job has been the endless learning opportunities, for which I enjoy the challenge!
A great work environment loved the staff . A little more flexible on holiday would be nice. Alot less stressful than quick service restaurants. Overall like it very much.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Better pay for department management
I have worked for Walmart for several years .it appears to me that lately they really dont care about there staff .they are much more concerned with the bottom dollar .the abuse that I have had to take from customers is unacceptable on any level .there is very little support from management
Pros
The poeple i worked with
Cons
The not standing behind ataff when it came to return policy
Make the training process more organized Make sure management doesn’t urge people to not report what is going on in the work place Don’t give autistic workers a hard time or baby them, trust that they know how to do their job more
Pros
Good breaks, comfortable environment
Cons
Everyone just talked about killing themselves
Working stock was fun, working cash was not. Working cash is just the managers constantly yelling at you to get master cards instead of focusing on your actual job. Also, they used the fact that i was fast to constantly put me on the busiest till.
If you have a great attitude, others respond well. The manager at this store is amazing. Works hard and gets to kmnow everyone. There's good and bad with every job. I just focused on the good and it was a great experience. I had a few health concerns and my supervisor was very kind and understanding of my limited abilities.
I loved all my fellow co workers but the upper management was horrible. I had diplomas at the time I was working and they wouldn’t let me have a day off at all and there was a conflict where I had a diploma the day I worked.
Pros
Other employees were amazing
Cons
Not good scheduling
Good Company to work with. Good management training program. Very strong support from from piers and associates. Good benefits , good vacation program .
It was decent part-time work for a young person, but I don't recommend anyone seek a prolonged career in Walmart. I ended up working 30+ hours in a week plus volunteer work in other businesses in town, and Walmart hardly tried to accomodate the two days a week I asked for time off (even if I scheduled them off 3 weeks in advance).
Pros
Cons
No flexibility
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom i worked with. They have many different areas in which to work so it is easy to learn different skills.
I've learned how to effectively manage a large amount of people with enthusiasm and confidence. The work load was very large, but I've learned how to work with all my staff so that we create success together.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Very low wages for management, large workload for the small amount of staff for each department, high turnover rate with staff
look you guys can get rid of this right away. I think this is the stupidest waste of time I have ever seen and you make it mandatory idiots............................
I had a routine I tried to follow everyday: I started at one end of the store and work my way around the entire store. Hardest part was plugged toilets but the most enjoyable part was getting the know most of the employees. Also Management was pretty good when you needed to talk about anything.
A typical day at work consisted of counting, lifting boxes and merchandise, comunicating with management, team members, drivers, merchandisers, etc. helping customers, stocking shelves, using equipment, completing assigned work as quickly and efficiently as possible, making sure the work enviroment is safe, and associates are working safely.Many co-workers, all have different work habits and personalities. Some are hard to work with/around, most are easy going and hardworking.Hardest part of the job was working with/around an over abundance of merchandise, a multitude associates, merchandisers, and drivers, and pleasing management.Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to joke around or simply talk to management and most other co-workers.
Cons
wal-marts reasoning behind the low wages.
Working in Walmart was a very steady job, with minimal down time and was a nice place to work as it is very friendly and very positive
pretty slow job, hard to get fired. Managers don't have much drive