Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Okotoks, AB

need to multitask. the telzon is the main tool needed to do most work, from pulling picks to inventory. mandatory to become familiar with this tool. people are good to work with.
i work in the fashion department and I'm in charge of zoning, putting away returns, and clearing out the fittings rooms. I'm confident in my job and am able to easily complete what is required of me its just that the management rarely talks to me and or tells me what to do. your pretty much on your own in figuring out what works and don't really get acknowledged for anything you do. the management never consults us before making changes and can sometimes put unreasonable demands on us when they actually to talk to us. although they rarely do so the job is generally easygoing and all the staff are generally nice people and i learned a lot while working there. that and they've been cutting hours left and right.
For a first job or something on the side it’s fine If your in manage,ent it’s good too Never had a terrible time but some managers are the worst, you’ll find this everywhere though
I loved working at walmart, it was busy, and lots of people to meet. The problems were managers or csms, were nasty n front of customers. Twice my customers were embarrassed for me and frustrated because there was no help when I needed it. Plus the hours, I had to work every weekend, (no home life at all) and also I had to drive 45 min for a 4 hour day. This all happened in Okotoks, my experience in Whitecourt totally different.
My review was ok and staff was nice and managers were ok some werent very nice and just my opinion. i enjoyed my job with walmart and i got to know many sfaff while i was there .
Managers are not supportive..and they will gang up on you..bulling employees and lie about you..what's good for one dept manager does not apply to the other dept managers
Csm were so rude to us cashiers in front of customers . Yelled at and embarassed in front of customers. Ive seen csm rolled their eyes because we called them to help us with a customer. And overhear them talk bad about other workers. No respect for cashiers and no confidentiality
I really do enjoy working here. while some of the managers are completely awful theres is just as many that are fantastic and the job is so easy like anyone can do it.
Good customer service. Repeat customers. Small community so well known in the community. Small practice at local WalMart SuperCentre. Great atmosphere
I enjoy working with the public and assisting customers when they need help finding products. The people working there are a great group to come to work to daily. Walmart is a fun place to work and treated with respect
Typical day was staging pallets of product, and stocking of depts based on assigned layout per person. I learned about effective storage utilization, and organization. Management I found to be ill trained in people skills and troubleshooting. Workplace culture is pretty standard for large company retail chain, very team oriented. The hardest part of job is the overnight schedule, and can be physical depending on dept. The most enjoyable part is the friendly atmosphere, and staff on nights which are pretty laid back.
Pros
Steady work and safety oriented
Cons
The graveyard or overnight shift
Let's just say the people I worked for and the manager I had did nothing and all the managers support wanted to do was get everyone in trouble not just me. If your scheduled from 11 to 7 am Christmas eve and or Christmas night you are required to work. Where as working Christmas is optional for day staff. I found the inviorment on overnights is just way to stressful. First place I have ever had to stock 8 pallets in a night by myself might I add. I do not recommend Walmart and or okotoks Walmart to be specific.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, not much of a raise if full time for a year, Aweful Managers
A typical day included working on the front-end, stocking shelves and assisting customers. The hours were fairly flexible, but hardly any benefits were included while working here
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor benefits package
In this company you are nothing but a number. They don't care about any of there workers at all. They do not care about employee's family or life outside about Walmart, they expect you to be able to do every thing for them but they have no respect for you. It is a terrible company and I would never recommend people to work at it.
It was a good expeirence to advance English lahnguage skills , to understand Canaian way of customer service. The most useful part is an ability to understand medication dispensing process in Canada.
Great people to work with.Became a bit boring during night shifts.Decent start salary for night shiftNice managers and leadersHappy not to wear a uniform
Typical day at work was pretty laid back which I enjoyed. The hardest part of my job was performing the same tasks over and over again. The best part of this job was the flexibility of hours and working time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive work
I wasn't working here long to really have much of an opinion, but for my first job it was great they gave me lots of hours, so being 16 and getting a $600 paycheck was great. they had basic tills which makes it easy to learn on, and I learned customer service quickly working here.
Pros
staff room was great, always had snacks
Cons
too busy sometimes
By far one of the most despicable places i have worked in my life. I started as overnight stock and moved several times within the store. Each time my pay would change and any raises i earned got taken away. I was making less there when i finished than when i started just based on the base hourly wage! $10.45/hr At start And $10.25/hr when i left the job almost two years later. The only time i enjoyed the job was when i was stocking shelves at night and interacting with the wonderful team of people on the overnight crew. Other than that wal-mart is a soul crushing place and will never be able to provide livable wages for anyone.
Pros
The people i worked with!
Cons
Just aboout everything else about that place.
terrible management, awful hours for a student, you don't get paid enough for what you have to deal with. if a manager doesn't like you, will cut your hours to an unlivable salary
ever since the management shift up there the place just dropped in quality no one enjoys their jobs anymore it is just a chore, the management is ridiculously strict and demands everything from cashiers while giving nothing in return i would only return if completely desperate
Cons
working there