Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in North York, ON

The Hourly Wage At This Job was difficult to maintain my cost of living. This job is very hard to grow as an emplyee. At times i felt That hours were very bad
I enjoy my Job. Most of the customer is very friendly once you are a people person this company is the best place to be. I am treated with respect and honesty.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
You make your hours
overall nice experience , working in Walmart is really nice, always you get chance to talk to new people, managers and co workers were really nice, i left my job because i moved to another city i really looking forward to work with walmart again
i'll say this place is ok. not the greatest place to work at, some location yes but where i was at no, I've asked the manager so many time for a partner never happen. It's very stressful working alone they managers walk all over you.
Typical day includes completing multiple tasks. Learned about customer service skills. Management could be better. Hardest part about the job is having to pick up the slack of others. The most enjoyable part about the job are the benefits.
benefits
Cons
not flexible
during my time at this company I enjoyed myself. I worked in the electronics department and since I'm 20 I know a lot about the next gen technology so i did fairly well there.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not many hours
Its nice to work at Walmart because they follow the rules a lot however sometimes the environment can become exhausting because of customers. The management is understanding and professional.
Pros
Professional management
Cons
Flexible with hours, lots of employees, friendly environment. Work is moderately acceptable. May make you work around different departments if not busy.
I enjoy meeting new people and I also like the fast paced environment, the busier the better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but just knowing how to deal with them is kinda easy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
A typical day of work was great. Everyone knew their role and performed them exceptionally. The management was fair and easy going if tasks were performed as they should be.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay was not great
Walmart is a great place to work at. it was my first job. I enjoyed most of my time there. It taught me a lot. I would recommend it to people who love to interact with customers.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours on Sundays
Get along with everyone Management needs to understand student lifestyle more and accommodate when needed Hardest part of the job is working multiple departments without anyones help
The job is good an easy but selling phones at a Walmart can be boring. The clinettell that you serve her is not very good. And the commission structure could be a lot better
Great staff, environment and growing experiences. This is a great place to grow especially if you would like to become more flexible and versatile. Several times I have been called to help out in various departments; I can definitley say it is a growing experience.
Responsible for stocking and helping customers with carry outs and sales service. Developed excellent peoples' and communication skills as interacted with customers on a regular basis
a typical day at walmart would be a very busy day and a productive .My co-workers were very nice and friendly also. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public.
Doesnt support their team. Customer Service is good but does not appreciate their members. Sometimes customers are unnecessarily rude and arrogant.
I enjoyed working here and enjoy the responsibilities that I'm entitled too and the equipment that is available to make me a successful LPO.
heavy lifting. shipping and recieving, unloading trucks and packing boxes on top a skid. when the store closes we bring the skids on to the floor for stocking
Wal-mart has flexible work schedule. I learned a lot about pharmacy system and computer system at this company. Nice company and good employees to work with.
My work day always started with a morning meeting to let us know what has to get done for the day. I have learned how to read and set up modulars also price changes and locating products with in the store. Removing items and relocating them was a bit difficult only because customer were shopping and at times needed help. For the most part i enjoyed my job and working along with my co-workers made the time go by quickly.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
not having the materials need to do my job