Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in North Vancouver, BC

Working in Walmart is a great experience. However, you never get enough working hours. As a part time mostly get 12 hours per week, and if you have a full time schedule can get around 20 hours.
Good job experience, friendly staff and working like family, I enjoy my work and opurnities and very much. Less wage but worth working and exposure,recommended
Walmart is a good workplace to grow. After working for some months any associate can apply for next level. Also, Walmart can teach people for the best customer service.
The management system is great. Work-friendly environment. I love to work for Walmart. I choose Walmart because it has good job security. They have standard wages.
I really enjoyed working at Walmart. Great sense of belonging. Everyone helps everyone else. Great opportunities for development and moving within the organization.
It’s my second retail job in Canada and if I want to compare Walmart with my previous job I would confess I made a mistake choosing this job. They schedule you only if the store is busy and don’t care if you are unhappy. They put minimum associates possible to do the whole works. My previous job was way better in every way. To sum up if you have another option don’t choose Walmart.
the management is quite good, enjoyed the working environment.
Pros
good wages
Cons
less hours
they provide me flexible to work depending on the your timing to start and end. it really develops my communications and knowledge of different things that are in the store.
Pros
good salary
Cons
did not even 20 hours
A full day work is quite tiring. The management is not friendly. Poor Management. There are no benefits for the students who work there. Co-workers are quite good to work with.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Not enough hours given in the Schedule.
Really good place to work with great people and good environment is fantastic place. This place should be visited by everyone because they have great things
coworkers helped out a lot on the first couple weeks that i had became a dep manager and helped me get on the right track also the management was supporting and understanding
Amazing place to work at I have no negative reviews because the company is great and everyone is great to work with, this place is great that all I got to say.
the management is too lazy. managers do not take complaints seriously and are biased based on ethnicity. new employees get targeted by people who have been working for a while and try to rule or pressurize the new ones. they expect a lot of work and pay minimum wage.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
one hour lunch
typical day at work will be restocking shelves pulling skids. i learned to speak some foreign language, Workplace is pretty diverse and enjoy much working with other people
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
broken power jack most of the time.
Working at Walmart was really a good experience. Dealing with all sorts of different personalities of different customers was very challenging and the same time it was exciting and taught a lot of things especially stretching your patients to the highest extent. What I love about the job is when you were able to help a customer and went home happy and satisfied because they were satisfied with the customer service you offered for them.
Pros
the people that you work with are very nice
Cons
salary is not very good
I enjoyed working for Walmart most of my 23 years. But the last year has been difficult to remain loyal to the company. Walmart has let go of Managers who have been a wonderful and loyal to the company for many years. I feel sad to have to leave such a wonderful company. For the most part it was a joy and happy place to work. I enjoyed the people and environment. It is just time to move on and start a new beginning. Bed Bath and Beyond has a wonderful store and merchandise I feel I would be a great addition to your Company Walmart was always busy and you get to establish great customers interactions that made to store enjoyable to come to work.
Challenging but I find it very productive and I like everyday challenges that occur. Sometimes you'll encounter a rude customer, but I just treated it as part of the job and serve them fairly with all my strengths and capability and with a smile.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Cons
Late replacement when going for break.
Quite stressful. I learnt a lot being my first job in Canada. It is a good place to start building your experience from. Friendly co-workers and also good associates in General
Pros
occasional treats from managers
Cons
While I had some fun the hours were terrible and not very flexible at all. They had me working just under the amount of hours that would classify me as full time and would entitle me to benefits and more. They refused to hire me as a full time associate in my position even though they were in desperate need of one.
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks and 1 hour break that isn't paid
Cons
Long hours, Hours not flexible, Poor communication
A typical day of work includes managing 17 associates, giving detailed tours, customer service, ordering for the garden centre and maintaining standards of all departments under my supervision. I've learned to be very patient. The hardest part of my current role is ensuring all tasks get completed in a timely manner as we are very short staffed due to a high turn over with the new structure that has been put in place. I enjoy all the people I work with. I can definitely say they are the reason I've stayed at the same location for 25 years.
Pros
Benefits, Wage
Cons
Long hours, scheduled 7-9 days in a row, split days off consistently
every day its new day to start ,all the people cares about each other I'm really happy because i could improve my self in short time and i learned a lots of good and new things
Pros
free luncher
Cons
long hour
  1. North Vancouver, BC