Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in North Battleford, SK

Sometimes can be a fun environment that makes you feel like you and your career matter. Other times, not so much. Some managers just don't care about a good home/work balance.
No issues at all since I started working in Walmart. All associates are friendly and helpful whenever needed, positive and respectful. From the entrance gate to the entire shop in every department all associates they are great.
management does not take into considerations employees mental health. benefits are not great for part time employees, should have full benefits due the wage and hours that a employee gets
A great place to work. I had a great time working there, I love the discount. It was a perfect work environment. I would recommend that everyone apply here.
Continuously understaffed but still expected to complete a constantly increasing workload at the same pace as normal. They refused to hire additional employees despite losing members of our crew. A regular unloading crew was say 7 people we were down to 3 or 4 but still expected to do more work than was expected of the 7. Ridiculous expectations with management only caring about the bottom line.
I have good and extra ordinary experience about Walmart work culture. The points are listed below. 1)Friendly environment. 2)Helpful people. 3)You can enjoy the work culture. 4)Staff Co-operation.
Its alright i guess, Some co-workers are nice and enjoyable and some are not.I like how nobody is treated like an individual, everyone is treated like a teammate and we get celebrations every month or 2 if we all work good, I hate how managers sometimes expect so much work done from you in a small amount of time and they make you work in areas that you aren't even in charge of and they tell you to go do stuff when you're in the middle of working on something else. Overall its a fast paced environment to work in and requires you to have good feet and lots of energy. Its only a good place to work for a teenagers first job to save up to go to college or whatever. I could never see working here as a career.
A hectic job, your work day is not ensured, with days where trucks would not appear management getting shifted around to deal with other departments, where some managers will demand menial jobs that our department doesn't cover, but you do them, because they say so. The culture is the most different in the backroom as it was separated from the rest of the store mainly. The hardest part was putting in additional work that I felt was not compensated feeling like you're just a number in a machine would have liked more praise for hard work and more of the hammer to be put down on slackers The most enjoyable were the coworkers the personality and liveliness they bring to the table some were good others not but when you got a good team and good coworkers the work would get done as everyone is ensured to do their part, as well as enjoying the job itself the stacking and movement of pallets was enjoyable
Pros
occasional celebrations for various events and the orientation gave pizza
Cons
shoddy management, with dept managers from different departments managing your area, slightly uncontrolled
Working as a produce clerk is a hard job, but it is also fun, if you like working alone. I like working with fresh fruit and veggies. I also like the fact like you worked alone most of the time.
Pros
fresh fruit
Cons
heavy lifting
The above company mainly deals with diversity. Everyone is welcome to work for as long as you pass the requirements. Their competitive package benefits is something to look for. Career growth is endless.
Typical Day at work; unload the truck, brought freight the sales floor, inventory control with integrated computer system. I learned how to supervise a small crew up to 10 people, how to operate power equipment. The management had major problems with communication and follow ups. The workplace culture was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines until we got a good crew to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in the warehouse.
I am working as a service writer in Walmart(part-time). it's my fourth month working there. I have opportunities to learn more about working aspects of tires and lubes. Also, I have opportunities to improve my communication skills
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
nothing significant
Typical day at Wal-Mart goes by fast when its steady. You learn a lot about Wal-Mart policies and the benefits are great. Management is helpful and will address and concerns you have with the company or employees. A difficult part of the job is getting used to everything on your own after training but once you get the hang of it the job comes easy. The most enjoyable part of working at Wal-Mart is getting to know the managers and other employees who work their.
Pros
Half Paid Lunch on Sundays
Cons
Long Hours
Management are beyond some of the worst people I have ever met in my entire life. Somehow the only people that are worse are the cascade of stupid and rude customers that you will deal with on a daily basis. There is almost no chance for advancement, I knew people who worked there for over 15 years and they were still stuck doing the same shelf stocking.
I would love to work for Walmart again. they are a great company. Never had problems with them. The most enjoyable part was free pizza and how everyone was like a family
Pros
normal break
Cons
When working at Walmart as a cashier, you get what you expect. Some days are really good, some days are bad, some days are boring, some days are exciting. All in all, it's what you make it.
Walmart was my first ever job and it was one of the best places I ever worked at. I do not think all Walmarts are like the one I worked at because we were like one big family and I was a trusted employee who was able to train new cashiers and given extra jobs by the managers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
There was no respect for employees or what our requested time was. For example I applied and told them I could only work evenings and weekends and only looking for 2-3days a week. Well they would put me on for mornings and 5-6 days a week. I would explain I'm in school and cannot be there then they would guilt trip me because I couldn't make the shift. I had to quit not because I wanted to but because they had no respect for people's home life.
They didn't do enough training for the different products we sold. It would have helped to sell more products with more training on the different products.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with cranky customers and staff members. This company is too corporate the little ones don't matter to them.
i would definitely tell my friends and family about this company as a good and awesome place to work. I learnt many new things from how to properly stock shelves,use the gun to make labels and scan products.The management team was awesome and always there for you to answer and question you needed answered or concern you needed to address. My co workers are mostly all friendly and easy to work with. I did really find this job that hard other than you are on your feet all day and if you don't have a good pair of shoes your feet will be sore by the end of the day. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of working here would be the benefits and perks working for Walmart.
Pros
friendly faces to work with.
Cons
nothing i can think of
  1. North Battleford, SK