Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Newmarket, ON

You have to be able to cash people out efficiently and respectfully as well and keep up with how busy it gets! I would recommend working there if you are a student looking for some easy money!
Working and associate with Walmart Corporation is a great boon for me to learn and adjust with a multicultural team mates gives a lot of experience. Overall it’s a wonderful job platform. Thank you Walmart. Love you all.
When it comes to Walmart, the workplace comes at a very high standard and is always keen on getting the job done, the fresh department comes in high demand as food always needs to be baked or restocked. Learned how to manage time and cooperate with others while working here. Also learned how to communicate with customers in an orderly fashion. The community was really nice.
This has got to be the worst morale environment to work in. They don’t care about the staff at all we’re just numbers. There was times we had 5 people total working the whole store including cashiers and managers.
Started in fulfillment promoted to produce manager received 1 day (About a hours worth) of actual training then there computer modules, i'd complete tasks then have to remove what i just did because uppermanagement changed there minds. The pay was absolutely terrible, lazy management that only husles when corporate comes in. This place is a joke and unless you desperately need a job i'd personaly recommend you go else whare unless you have little asperation or are a complacent yes drone with no spine. The turn around is high for a reason.
Pros
Few nice people
Cons
Almost everything
A typical day for me as an electronics associate included: stocking up merchandise in isles, maintaining cleanliness of my department, cashing out customers, processing photo orders, updating the movie MODS, selling Walmart Mastercards and grabbing the carts from outside when needed. Overall, a place to work for a student just to gather up some pocket change and gain some customer service experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, easy work
Cons
Managers have unrealistic expectations, sometimes unprofessional
a nice place to work, a typical day at work was gettings carts for customs and helping load things into cars as needed. also help clean up garbages etc as needed
Most days of the job require you to help off load the trucks that come in every week. This took about 2 to 3 hours depending on size. On good days we would have enough people for it to not be a problem but other times only 2 people for the first hour.
Working at Walmart taught me some of the most important life skills that I will take with me forever, the value of customer service. I was not only a cashier, but I was the 1st associates that customers saw when they came through the door. It was my responsibility to assist them in every which way that I could to be able to give them a positive outlook on the store. As a cashier, I was also the last associate that customers saw before they left. it was important that I was able to keep that positive attitude and outlook of the store so that the customers will want to return.
Pros
Helping people and seeing smiles when recommend great deals
Cons
A typical day at work included stalking shelves, organizing, and helping customers. I learned a lot about customer service. The management is reasonable and friendly.
-Boring environment -Strict break hours -Strict time-in time-out schedule -Low interaction rate with people -Don't get to see what time of day it is. -Calm enviroment
Not a good place to work....Do not feel valued. With a "Management" position paid $0.40 more than current minimum wage. Sometimes working 12-13 hour shift because upper managements poor scheduling. Upper management will never take responsibility for lack of staffing. And when CSM arent responding to cashier action codes fast enough or validating the many things CSM are required to validate its because the CSM is on a cash register for 90% of their shift. ITS A JOKE
Pros
if you are scheduled for 8 hours you fet to 15's and an hour lunch
Cons
wage, upper management gets paid far to much to sit on their rear ends
The pay is better than minimum wage. They have a good training plan. For the most part the managers are good. Walmart has an open door policy making it easy to discuss work problems with supervisors.
Pros
Profit sharing, 10% discount
Cons
Physically demanding
working for walmart is like playing russian roulette you never know when the do do is gonna hit the fan and your at the bottom of the pile best advice?? make sure you always carry a umbrella
Pros
they take anyone
Cons
most walmart stores the management suxs the big one
A typical day was cleaning bathrooms, windows, floors and whatever else came up. Liked the job but there wasn't enough hours. I got along with the coworkers and management
The customers are a pain in the butt, but other than that its a pretty straight forward job. It's ok I guess. They tell you to keep plugging the MasterCards
Pros
Reasonable salary, easy work, dead store
Cons
Pointless short shifts, rude customers
Worked here for a few years. Management treated most employees terribly. I will never work for this company again. The pay for my job was not very good for what my job entailed.
Pros
Company discount.
Cons
walmart was okay for the first year, but moving forward i was left to unload trucks by myself, maintain the backroom by myself and was expected to do the store wide maintenance when nobody was scheduled, and assist on cash and customer service, in which i i complete my actual job and was unable to assit other departments due to my own workload, i was usually told i need to do more
Learned many assets here such as assisting customers to ensure they have a great experience while shopping. Answered and resolved many customer inquiries.
Lets not kid ourselves, this is walmart after all. First, the good news. They usually pay ABOVE minimum wage,and despite its tiny size, you can look forward to a raise every, single year. The stock purchase plan is a MUST to anyone with brains. taken right off your paycheck each cheque is a small sum of your choice. walmart hq adds 10% to it and then purchases stock in your name. Walmart stock only really travels up, year after year. the 1-% bonus has a cap, something like $1200 so be sure to ask your admin manager and max it yearly. Now comes the discount, 10% of anything...at walmart. Its a good perk. Shop smart and that is 10% off your groceries....every week...every year. price match anything you can and you just expand what is on sale. Finally you have the associate appreciation in november. 3 items for 30% off, this is the perfect time to buy large items like consoles or TVs. The place is full of fairly easy jobs that require little to no training or prior knowledge. Its a good place to get some basic skills and more importantly to show off your reliability and determination. Put your nose down, work harder than the other slackers around you for 2ish years, get a supervisor job. Hold onto that for a year, put it on your resume, get out. Unless you have a business degree you can go ahead and forget about the words assistant manager. It just wont happen. By the time you have been there long enough as a grunt to earn that chance they have a file of your mistakes to hold you back. If you wanted that job, you ENTER the company looking for an assistant manager, - more...
Pros
Stocks, Discount, Friends, Easy
Cons
Growth, Raises
A typical day at Wal-Mart would be ensuring the assigned departments were clean and stocked for customers. It included assisting customers all around the store, not only in my assigned department. I learnt alot about customer needs at this job and the ability to be patient. My management skills were developed by picking out the negative things that were happening and bringing light upon the situations, giving me a larger perspective on how to go about things in the proper manner. My co-workers were all very helpful individuals, all working as a team to ensure the task's were completed before the end of the shift. The hard part of this job was communicating with the management sector, whereas the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers and creating a positive work environment with other associates.
Pros
Availability for many work hours