Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in New Westminster, BC

Associates are extremely hard working and cooperative. They help you with your needs and show you around. Overall it could be slow or fast paced, they make announcements and make sure your doing your task correctly and make sure your not too stressed
If you are studying or have kids at home to look after this is the best job to work. Also, good benefits. They also count your study in any field as a half work experience and then pay you accordingly. For example, you studied for a year so they will count six months of working experience and pay you few cents more than minimum wage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unpaid one hour break
Working at walmart is good. We get a chance to help customers and the skills can be developed inorder to get new opportunity to work and gain an experience in retail industry.
Good experience, friendly staff. As an immigrant, you feel safe and protect amongst staff and people working there. The overall experience is good.
Basically, they have it down to a science. The people are nice enough, but there is always just a little too much work for just a few too little people. So everything is a grind. Same with schedule and pay. 7 hour shifts with unpaid lunches etc so you end up always at work but your check is too small. Either people wear out or they're just working there to pretend to family they have a job.
Great career growth and very well organised organisation. If you put time you can succeed in this company. Benifits are really good and if you stay long defeered profit helps to save more
You feel like you work like Volunteer the give you less money for more work and whan you get your paycheck there nothing left for living just for rent
i started here in september 2015 and it was a wonderful run for me i lasted here 3 years and new westminister queensbourgh walmart is the best walmart there is
Pros
wonderful co workers and 10% off stuff
Cons
shoplifters
the management was quite flexible and helped to advance in work place.the work culture was great with fun colleagues that made working really fun. the timings and schedule have scope for improvement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
- A normal day would include lifting and assembling metal shelving to set up the store. Very labour intensive but while working as part of a team. - I learned how to build a store from beginning to grand opening. While doing a variety of jobs. - Once opened, unloading packaging and stocking the stool - Interactivity ne with customers and helping them find the products them require.
Pros
Staff discounts and challenging work that required learning new skills
Cons
Very demanding work
Help to develop talent and handle situations in calm and polite way. Working in the fast pace enviroment on day to day basis and also learing various techniques to handle stress
Pros
Good pay rate and benifit
Cons
Busy always
It was new experience for me to work at walmart and it was really awesome to work their with different kind of people. When i entered in the walmart family they welcomed me and I was feeling very happy.
The job was easy, but the lack of management in the place is huge. I noticed that some employees are protected. when you ask 01 employee to perform a job at the same speed as 4 would do, something is very wrong.
I’ll keep this short and simple. The managers don’t listen. They don’t support. They don’t have your back. The store manager openly admitted to me that they do a bad job at listening to others. I was almost attacked by a customer only to get scolded by the manager. The managers are condescending and controlling and don’t know the proper ways of the position.
Pros
Ummmm
Cons
Management, accountability, lack of respect, dishonesty
Good experience. management can sometimes be a problem. exposed to different kinds of people because of customer service environment. overall good experience.
Pros
gain good work experience
Cons
management
If you work hard, managers with definitely notice and reward you. Result oriented work environment where have to consistently give in 100 percent. Learned a lot about retail and customer service woking there.
• Scan the products, check the price and, help customers with any question; • Everday, I learning something new; • The best supervisor and helpful ; • Multi-cultural environment; • Hardest part physically demand;
Pros
Nice place for the first job in Canada
Cons
Low benefits
During 4months in Walmart, I improved my work pace as workload increased I also improve my communication skill as interactions with customer in daily basis .Using polite words and good attitude could provide a better service to customers and the customers will come back .
horrible management and they have no flexibility whatsoever. 10/10 do not recommend for students who cannot work full hours. I worked full 8 hour shifts on weekdays and weekends because they literally did not allow me to work 4 hour shifts.
Management does not respect its associates and consistently schedueles on non available days expecting you to come in or get written up. Only care about the money being made and think its associates are robots
max raise is 30 cents a year company is no longer family oriented as it used to be - there is a lot of favoritisum and complete lack of training to do proper jobs
  1. New Westminster, BC