Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in New Minas, NS

I think Walmart provided lots of hours, which was really great for people looking to take extra hours. Most staff at Walmart wanted to see their employees succeed and supported them to their goal.
Pros
Hours
The environment was stressful and management didn't pay attention to their workers and how they were feeling. Overall in my opinion, Walmart is a horrible place to work with a stressful and gloomy environment
Cons
Too many hours as a high school student
get up go to work and deal with grumpy people go home relax and wait to do the same thing the next day, day in and day out 365 days a year sorry minus the holidays
I worked for 3 months at Walmart in New Minas. I loved how kind the management was. They took my mental health very seriously & tried their hardest to make my work life as comfortable as possible. Sadly I could not continue anymore due to a really bad depression episode. Walmart offered me above minimum wage starting off , based off experience. They also respect people's individuality, they never made me hide my tattoo, their where people who had funky hair, piercings. And the employees where all very kind as well. Such a diverse and interesting enviroment to work in! Highly recommend anyone just starting off in the work world to give it a go!
Pros
Kind co workers, support, diversity, wages, health and wellness
Cons
Not enough hours
I really like working with the group of people, it's like a big family at Walmart, I'll be sad to leave but need more hours and money for bills. The hardest part of my job is the grumpy customers. I learned a lot from walmart, how to run a cash, how to change things, and better at counting money and faster.
A fun energetic place to work where you are made to feel like part of the team. In a typical work day I learned how to operate a cash register, how to wait on customers and how to keep my area neat and tidy.
Pros
Employee discount
Very busy, not much spare time. Learned how to handle pressure, and deal with cash. Co-workers were generally kind. Hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for 8 hours.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
On your feet for a long time
If I could give zero stars I definitely would. I highly recommend to anyone who is considering working for this company to just not do it - stay far away! I have been working as a Cashier with Walmart Canada for about 7 months now and I HATE - actually despise - my job. You deal with a lot of constant bull from managers and as well as customers on a daily basis. They have ZERO and I mean ZERO work/life balance. The pay isn't great especially for all the bull you have to deal with. Management is a joke. There is absolutely NOTHING good about this job whatsoever. About a month or two ago, I hurt my hand at work. I noticed it swollen and painful but figured I possibly just banged it off something and that it would get better in a few days or so. Well, it's still swollen and getting worse. I informed the CSMs (they are useless!!!) about it and basically they told me that there was nothing that could be done and that I would have to just get a note from the doctor before anything was done! So basically you have to REALLY hurt yourself before they will do anything. :/ It has gotten to the point where I am having issues picking up customers cans and bottles as well as the bags. I have dropped I don't know how many objects because of it. I finally went to one of the personnel team to get whatever paperwork I need to take to the doctor and I am going to get it checked out. I was informed by a manager that they would put me on TEMPORARY light duties which would be Fitting Room for 2 weeks and then go from there. So we shall see. I have spoken to a member of the personnel - more...
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
A normal day at work I would have to stock and organize product, and you customer service skills.I learned better customer service skills.The store was well managedMy co-workers were easy to get along withThe hardest part of the job was during Christmas time when there are a lot of customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was working out back organizing, and recording product.
Pros
10% discount for working there
Cons
not enough hours
Always enjoyed working there Lots of fun co workers are great The store keeps busy
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours