Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in New Liskeard, ON

Did a lot of stocking and cleaning, learn time management, met a lot of great customers, need to be organized, you may find it hard at first but it gets very easy after a month ot so
Pros
breaks, lunch, discounts
Cons
sometimes you have a lot of work you may not finish
Job satisfaction varies greatly depending on the department that you're in, or who is managing or department-managing for your department. Pharmacy is generally a very negative petty environment; would not recommend. Only had better experience after changing departments.
Was a good place learn how to work with customers as i was working in the Electronics Department. Was often working alone and closing the department. Was Always busy and often helping customers.
Pros
Good hours, friendly work environment.
Cons
Low pay And no work advancement.
Working for the Wal-mart team feels like an unappreciated one. Micro manage, you get pulled from task to do another without request and no time to finish current task before end of shift. Overall job is fine for PT well in school.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
impersonal
Although this is a fun place to work it is easy to find yourself overwhelmed with the requirements they some times ask of you. having you do multiple departments.
Walmart is a large company with opportunity for growth and development. There is very little regard for work-life balance. Unless you are full-time there is no guarantee for hours which can pose a significant problem for many people.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Awful work-life balance, hours are not consistent for part-time staff
Loved working at the walmart I was at. They had excellent facilities for the employees and lots of clean space, The walmart was also very very organized which was great.
Very good people to work with, management was always understanding, always kept myself busy by finding tasks to complete, fair pay as well as weekly hours.
I highly recommend working at walmart. As a student it is a decent place to get many hours to afford to go to college and university and they are very great with the hours.
when things are hard take it day by day, keep pushing forward & think positive. Life will get better. Everyday is a challenge. That's what makes us who we are. Live, Laugh, Love.
Amazing place to work, great benefits, great pay. Great Environment to work, management always willing to help. Meet a lot of great people
benefits
Cons
short shifts
Hard, laborious work. pay was great and management was pretty good. a lot could be improved upon but it was a good summer job.
On night shift stock for a super store, Groceries is a relatively simple and dull task. most of the other staff avoid each other, unless they already knew each other prior to their hiring by the company, and the shift design is nearly militaristic.
Pros
store discount
Cons
no community.
Our associates are the heart of our business. There’s no better place in retail to learn, grow and build a career than Walmart. Today’s cashiers will be tomorrow’s store or club managers. Today’s managers are tomorrow’s vice presidents. And tomorrow’s CEO will almost definitely come from inside our company. From our Home Office, to our stores, to our distribution centers and more, there’s virtually no limit to the ways you can grow with us. Learn more about our businesses and find a career area that matches your skills and passions.
i loved working at walmart the customers were great to deal with the hours were great and easy to work with and around management was always understanding . Great atmosphere and a happy place to work at.
A typical day at work was an enjoyable experience for the most part. It was easy to make friends, everyone there is very nice. I learnt how to deal with people and broaden my retail and work experience. Management was decent. Most of my coworkers were amazing! Very friendly and willing to help with anything. The hardest part of the job was dealing with costumers that weren't satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to do new things.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Open too late
Wal-Mart, out of most of the student jobs in the New Liskeard area has the highest pay I have seen. Not to mention the management team is really good, and when I go to work I feel as though I am apart of a larger organization and they try to understand my needs.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Hard to book time off
enjoyed working with everyone in walmart. all very friendly. managers are nice and understanding. pay could be better but it's a nice environment.
I had worked at Walmart for two years under the previous to current, management, I covered more departments than in my original job requirements. I was spoken to for questioning my superiors ability to perform my duties, even after one had made an error and had to go to court as a result.
Pros
Annual raise
Cons
Too many bosses
greta experiences working with different cultures, new people every day
Work hard, pick up extra shifts/overtime and get full-time
Pros
learn lots, always have stuff to do
Cons
work hard for things and get promised stuff but dont get what you deserve