Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in New Glasgow, NS

was given management training and lead teams in the fresh food departments, upper management was at times hard to communicate with. Wages were not enough to live comfortably and many do not receive enough hours to pay for housing.
Walmart is a decent place to work as management although when it came to corporate restructuring in the company and the mass layoffs of assistant managers, it was more of a popularity contest then it was a decision based on merit and achievement.
No flexible for anything outside Walmart your personal life comes second most off the part time hours are not enough to live off.as for job security they're definitely not going anywhere.good people and benefits.
Management can be a bit all over the place. Most of the staff are good to work with but the way people progress to higher positions seems strange and often doesn’t seem to make sense. Overall good to work for.
I found this company okay to work for. I am however, upset by and disappointed with the management and way they handle their employees. The other employees are fantastic to work with, but the management is sloppy, uncoordinated, and not understanding of personal issues that happen to come up.
when i worked at Walmart i was in a temporary set up team worker. i worked at cleaning the bathrooms and store floors. i stocked shelves and binned products
Pros
The discount card
Cons
Great place for backshift and flexible hours for full and part time for school students or for paying off bills and rent, other than management it was great!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
i was working for walmart for 3 and a half years and never seen any chance of advancement and no full time positions so always on the edge of being cut back and never making enough to live
The hardest part of the job is that you can't see what as been rung through, would LOVE to see monitors at the tills. Enjoy working with the team, everyone is so nice.
Pros
Can have an hour lunch if work 7+ hours a day
Cons
Wish there were monitors on the cash to see what was rung through
Walmart was my first real job, it was a little nerve racking. However, the older team members were very helpful, as well as the manager. I could always ask for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working at walmart, helping customers was a big part of my day when I worked. There was nothing hard about it once I knew exactly what was expected!
Productive, friendly place to work. i enjoyed working with Walmart and all the employees. the supervisors and manager were great to work with.Would recommend employment with Walmart.
A typical day at work consisted of going into work and finding out you are understaffed again and have unreasonable job times to meet your quota on work. as well as listening to people complain about the company and how bad it is. all of that aside they provide a good amount of training for a new associate and are willing to help you until your skills are up to snuff. over all i enjoyed the work and the company.
Pros
good amount of breaks and long lunch break. good training, good hours, fair wages
Cons
unreasonable expectation from head office.
great coworkers and some management is great only downfall was I was always signing temporary contracts and ended up having my contract end and loosing my position to a person who was working there half as long as me
I started out young and found it hard to advance any further within the company. They gave more opportunities to people outside the company rather than within. The team I worked with didn't take their jobs as serious as I did so it was difficult to work with some individuals.
Cons
No advancement opportunities, no full-time positions ever available
Great environment and great people and place to work at.hard workers and always smiled.loved unloading the trucks and putting the stock to the floor
Pros
Great hours and always busy
Cons
They were ok, I worked there for 2 years and just decided I needed a change. Lots of hours and above minimum wage pay, the give you some great training too. It was a pretty good first job but I just got bored.
I have been working as a cashier for about a year, everyone is treated like dogs, there is no advancing I have tried several times. Recently had a new store manager that makes no attempt to talk to any of the associates unless it is something negative. A couple managers that are respectable but very few. They never ask you how you are or how was your day. Its all about mastercards and making sure you keep your mouth shut. If your looking for a depressing job. Where you get no respect apply today to be a walmart associate. Currently searching for a new job. The best part of the day is when you clock out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Terrible hours. NO advancing.
my duties were serving customers in the fabric department , merchandising, sales etc
Pros
enjoyed the work
Cons
management
learned cash learned about flowers co workers were good loved the customers
Co workers easy to get along with. Management needs to do more hands on work.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
only part time hrs
I enjoyed the staff at walmart, but my (what seemed like permenant) position led me to be unhappy.When asking to switch to a different position (which was open) in the store, I was denied. From what I understood, they wanted me at cash, but when I noticed them hiring more people, and gave the position I knew I'd be better at to a male, I soon realized it was my gender. Needless to say, I left.The managers were usually fair and very pleasant, and the staff was always fun.
Pros
hours
Cons
unable to come to agreement.