Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Nelson, BC

Some good people to work with. Fast paced environment, definitely need to be able to keep your head up when dealing with customers. They also provided some decent training. Hours were a little tricky and sometimes unpredictable.
The only reason for leaving was not enough hours if I could have been full time I could of afforded to stay. I would go back in a heart beat if they would offer me at least 32 hours a week.
Cons
Not enough hours
Working at Walmart was an amazing experience for me, as a learned a lot about working in a team and management skills as I worked as a CSM. good team work, cooperative managers and co-workers.
As a part time cashier I find that Walmart is one of the best place to work on especially for students. The managers are really good and helpful. The only problem which I am facing is the fact that I am not getting enough hours ,
Pros
Perfectly timed payment, management is really good and helpful
Cons
Not getting enough hours in a week
I started working at Walmart as a cashier under the premise that in a month or two I would be moved to work in a department(which is the job I applied for). The duration of my employment with Walmart I was never moved to a department as promised. I would occasionally be put in other departments to help out and I even did some truck unloading shifts(overnights) but was never permanently moved. I would consistently bring the issue to management and they would keep shrugging it off and saying "Soon". Underpaid, no benefits and management doesn't really care about their staff. Stores are understaffed. Working as a cashier sucks because you have to stand at a register for the whole shift, except lunch breaks, which was really stressful to my body. The only good thing about working here was the 10% discount.
While the job of being a Claims Associate can be at times frustrating. The atmosphere at Walmart is great and so is the Culture. Management was always easy to work and helpful when you needed something. The other associates made it an amazing place to work.
No respect favoritism employees get wrongful dismissals either in first 3 months or after 12 years. No one works thier jobs they all leave work for others to do. No fair treatment. Gossip
Cons
Not a place with respect or proper ppl.
I have had a amazing experience working for Walmart. Get along and have amazing time working with my co workers. As a overall I find this job rated low on the income scale I find it hard to make ends meet on the minimum wage they pay.
Pros
Very accommodating when comes to schooling.
Cons
Income is on the low end.
basic retail company, good corporate structure and training was always available to employees. Profit sharing was great among all employees at Walmart.
The Company is something i loved, what their beliefs were inspired me to work hard and create an enjoyable experience for anyone i helped, my fellow co workers were awesome the managment was alright a little confusing here and there but overall a good happy experience
Pros
MasterCard registration incentive
Cons
Unpredictable shifts
Poor treatment by management. You were not treated as a human being. Employees are constantly worried about saying or doing the wrong thing and possibly being firfed. The attitude towards employees is, we can always find someone to replace you.
Walmart is a great company, I did not see any positions available.At the time, my husband was semi-retired so it was nice to meet people.Co-workers were helpful and willing to assist when asked.I worked lady's wear and found helping Gal's try new looks.I did not find anything hard, but found working with people more interesting then computers.
Putting stock on selves(its like persents every day depending on the department)Work alone or with othersI learned to appreciate the people be hind the scences moreMy co-workers are easy to get along withManagement is understanding easy to talk with and make changes to help out Where they canNot enough hours is the hardest partThe physcal work, the ability to move around, is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lunches for celabrations
Cons
not enough hours
probably the best 'job' I ever had. I have nothing but good things to say about my time there.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
sometimes long days.