Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Nanaimo, BC

It is a great place to start your own career path, you are gonna face different kinds of work related situation that will give you great experience when you start the career that you are gonna pursue
They start out nice, but then out comes the credit card sales pitch. You’re expected to sell people a MasterCard at the till with no financial training, most associates are unaware that every time you apply for credit and are declined your credit rating takes a two point hit.
Pros
I dunno?
Cons
Too many to list
It was really a great fun working at walmart. Learned many skills like customer service at it best, quick learner, problem solving, meeting-up with deadlines etc.
Too strenuous a job as cashier, even the very young found it difficult on the belts....too much heavy lifting and repetitive work, I was in constant pain....
My role as a CSM is very stressful and highly underpaid. One bright side is that you'll learn how to perform in a very challenging environment and deal with angry customers
It is too difficult to cope up with such large environment. There is a lot of stress at work. The staff is very unfriendly and difficult to work with.
While the pay was very basic, the duties expected from an associate were worth much more, lots of cut in hours for long periods, while there were actually not many associates on the floor or cashier even when they always complained of being short staffed specially in front end. Most of the time associates and others were expected to perfom the job of a cashier, while the managemnet questions you later on why no job was done in certain busy departments. Management is unable to treat employees fair, as only few people are appreciated, because they know how not to work and still go up the ladder. Lack of store management in terms of scheduling associates, and understanding the amount of customer walk in, while there are no employees on floor to help the customers.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Bad managemnet, over-working the employees, lack of appreciation
it was really a nice place to work PROS flexible timings understanding co-workers good perks CONS less money work politics no position to grow if you start fresh
There is large turn over of employees, so the amount of people who know what to do isn't what it should be. Lots of training new people, without many staying. I've learned how to work alone and take initiative to make sure the work is done by the end of the day. It can be fun if you don't be too serious.
After 6yrs of working the front end till I got tired of being overworked and under paid. The head office likes to have minimal staff and expect other departments to help pick up the slack. Meanwhile you get to deal with the angry customers cuz its your fault, not.
Pros
you get coffee and lunch breaks over 5hrs
Cons
lack of staff
Walmart has been a great learning experience for me when it comes to understanding the Canadian retail scene. The shopping trends along with the buying habits have been very evident to me as a Customer Service representative. The Management is amazing and so are the fellow co workers.
My day usually started around lunch time which was typially the busiest time of the day. I would head to my till and start ringing people through. My main job was to make sure the customer was 100% satisfied. The hardest part of my job was promoting master-cards to unhappy customers. I met a lot of friends and made it a very positive front end.
Pros
people
Cons
low salary, slow-pace job
I loved working with Walmart! A typical shift include me putting away stop, answering pages, giving prescriptions and helping customers. Management was an issue here cause they did not communicate changes and were very hard to talk to. I didn't find my job hard at the slightest bit and enjoyed all the staff members that i called some of my best friends. I also made a lot of relationships with customers.
Pros
People
Cons
No hours and low salary
ok . the job was monotonous. managers were a little hot headed but the pay is decent and helps u get by. i have not much to say. wont work here again but could be suited for others
hard work days, can be very early morning or late night shiftsmanagement open to discussionsconstant changing of staffwages varya variety of cultures working together
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
hard work days, night shifts
I only worked as an unloader in the back room, but days went by quick and there was never a shortage of something to do. I often stopped to help customers on the floor, and push come to shove I wouldn't say no if I found myself back there.
It is a nice place to work, i like helping customers and I love working in electronics department. All the other employees were great, it sometime gets hard to handle customers and also it is such a big store so it was tough walking around from one place to another.
wonderful place to work, enjoyed my 1 year as a cashier. Management is really supportive and lovely co workers. Had lot fun and will surely recommend for a starter
Pros
staff discount 10 percent
Cons
very busy sometimes
Had a terrific time in my three years with Wal-Mart it was a fun place to work fast paced hands on great core values and awesome management while working their i had the opportunity to work in several departments they provide thorough training
As a cashier at Walmart i have gained, a lot of knowledge of how to use a cash register, and how to count and handle money. It also gave me knowledge on how to interact with customers, so we can assist them better, overall it was good work experience.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
standing in one spot for hours on end
Team meeting with reviews of store performance and profits stretches then assigned work areas Clicky groups people get down after 4 yrs Management always under pressure and the employees feel it Hardest part is the night shift and production Quotas I enjoyed working with some people made some friends
Pros
Dont see customers
Cons
Screws up your life if one is single and havoc on the body and sleep