Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Mount Pearl, NL

Walmart is a great place for a summer job. Everyone is very nice and the environment is amazing. You can learn many skills that you'll need later in life.
During my 2 years working at that store my life hit some serious hurdles. My best friend passed suddenly in an accident and my marriage fell apart. I made management aware of the troubles I was facing and that my attendance may suffer due to the resulting mental health issues. I was a 36 year old man dealing with serious problems, but I was treated like some teenager playing hooky. I finally couldn't handle the pressure anymore and quit. My vacation time was not paid out on my last pay cheque and I doubt I'll ever see it. For a company that boasts of it's "Family-like" work environment, the way they treat staff struggling with mental health issues is shameful. Also, I was hired in July but didn't get my first shift until the second week of August. I was informed by co-workers that this was to disqualify me from profit sharing for that year. Worst employment experience of my life.
Cons
Company has zero regard for it's employees. You are a number, disposable and easily replaced
Depending on the province/country you live in, I find that personally, the income is not suitable for the lifestyle I live given the fact that I have rent and a child to support, meaning that I believe a pay adjustment should be made based on each province.
Pros
staff celebratory lunches/incentives
Cons
very busy environment on a daily basis
Somewhat disorganised, you are a small cog in a large machine. Pay is acceptable if you work the more manual jobs. Pays over minimum wage. Usually have no idea what is going on and neither do middle management
Walmart any where in the world is a bad place to work, once you get hurt on the floor they don't care about you, never work for them. i did't like it there.
Just don't do it, it's not worth the stress and anxiety. Management is horrible, and the workload expectations are way too high for one person to do. Grossly understaffed as well.
Unload pallets, organize shelves, use pallet jack to bring pallets to back room and throw trash in baler. Late nights harm social life and the work is laborious but pay is great, the training is easy to understand, and the management is great.
Typical work day: busy the way I like it. Some situations could be a challenge but interesting at the same time. What I learned to always respect others even if the situation is not always ideal. Workplace Culture: Customer service top priority. Conduct yourself properly. Treat associates fairly.. The hardest part: There is no hard parts if you don't know something. there's always someone to help or direct you in the right direction. The most enjoyable part: Meeting and helping customers.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Wages are low in some areas.
Started the day off by inspecting and preparing the machines before beginning the workload. Serving customers and working on their vehicles. Management at the store was pretty poorly handled. Had no regard for the automotive center, the employees there had to run the garage by ourselves.
Rather not get into a full review at this point in time, as I am still working there. I enjoy my job, I push carts, help customers with loading their vehicles, and enjoy engaging with the staff.
Pros
Not speaking about it at the moment.
Cons
Not speaking about it at the moment.
I am no longer employed at walmart canada, however during my time there i did enjoy working with both co workers and management. I would recommend this place for a first time job.
employers are great as well as staff. very accommodating and willing to work with your schedule. only issue i found was there is no benefits offered for employees
Wal-Mart as a company was very rewarding for me and felt like a great place to work, but what kind of experience you will get from it can all depend on what kind of management team you have to deal with. What I mean by this is that no matter what you do in the job place it will all come down to the type of management you have running the store that will determine how you will enjoy or dislike the company. It was very hit or miss for me over the years I was employed there, sometimes a new manager is hired and you'll have a good run for a few months before he is relocated and then you end up with a complete opposite person leaving you dreading to go in to work due to the fact of this evil incarnation.
Pros
Good staff, flexible scheduling (Store Dependent)
Cons
Unappreciative of efforts, Unrealistic assigned tasks, lack of staff leads to increased workloads
Great place to work and excellent for obtaining retail experience. A company that believes in serving the customers well and strive for excellence. There is a good Health Plan offered and also a Retirement Payment Plan. Your are also recognized for your work accomplishments through awards program.
Pros
Employee discounts and Health Pland plus Retirement Plan
Cons
Limted in the number of hours one can work if Part Time
i often felt under appreciated for the job i did and looked at as more of a tool than an individual. Management were not organized and often had different priorities which lead to confusion. Under paid for the job i did as it was hard labor with not great working hours. profit sharing (yearly check) was the main positive.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Hard physically on the body, Poor Management, Bad shift hours
I only worked here a short time but I enjoyed working there. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with, management are also friendly and supportive. The hours were good and flexible.
i love the other people i work with but management often expects a lot out of one person. Other than that it is a very friendly environment and there is very fair breaks and lunch times.
Pros
understanding when it comes to school needs
Cons
unreasonably high expectations
Get to meet some different people throughout a workday and each day is something new. Each Walmart cheer is different. Being a full time student I am unable to work weekdays and Walmart is able to allow me to only work weekends.
Pros
Lets students have flexible schedules
Cons
Bad temperature control
Walmart as stocker /2nd shift was a great job, wery fast paced, great people to work for. Would have stayed however, they reduced hours significantly in January, therefore, I was unable to stay.
Cons
hours were reduced
In a typical day it was tiring, I learned not to have an opinion in this workplace, as management did not listen. However, my co-workers were amazing.
Very enjoyable working with seniors in their time of need. Long hours but at the end of the day you knew you contributed well to them.