Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Moose Jaw, SK

it wasn't hard to get a job there. but it was quite stressful over there because of lack of management. i took this job as a challenge because have to deal with different kind of people everyday. it also improved my communication skills and i do learn about Canadian working culture.
All my co-workers and customers were fun and sweet to be around, the speed of a normal day wasn't too stressful but in the busy times, it really showed how understaffed we were which put presser on all of us.
Typical day at job is relexed and helping team members finishing daily goal. it helps you to learn the conflict management skills and working in team environment. The management is top class and they help you in every area you need help with. most enjoyable thing working at Walmart is you get meet new people everyday and make them smile by helping them.
As an employee at walmart i enjoyed my time. 10% discount on merchandise and produce plus some times mcdonalds has promotions on for employees. Early days.
Walmart always hires more associates for morning and evening shift's but when it's time for night crew they will hire very few employees. You have to give your 200% than also they will not appreciate your work. If you are an outsider than you will not get promoted to higher positions and when you raise questions they will reply that you are over educated. Dont work for night shifts.
Was miserable for the two years I worked there. Management was awful and disgusting.
You can take as many shift as you like. The work schedule was flexible and it had a diverse environment. The workplace was enjoyable and the day goes so fast
A typical day includes: Assigning staff to their area of work, putting out displays, receiving 1-2 trucks per might, writing reports,planning displays, making sure all doors are secured and alarmed.
Pros
!0% discount on purchases, yearly bonus
Cons
Lack of manpower
Able to meet new people Life long friendships Good management It is a good place to start and maybe even continue depending on the management, sometimes they take too much time to recognize the potential for promotion; hence growth is a bit stale.
I worked for two different stores as a fulfillment associate and then in the customer value team. One company, two different stores - two different philosophies. Everything depends on your coworkers and management. One store can be messy, another one can be very neat. Also, you can work very hard unloading trailers, pooling skids, stocking, picking, binning inside of the deep freezer (-23C) or doing nothing just walk around as guys from electronics usually do and you both will get exactly the same paychecks. Yep, this is not good, but if you a smart guy or lady you can talk to your manager and ask for a transfer to another dept. And your life will be much much better. My second store was 5* stars Walmart due to the good store manager and nice people but I found I was very hard to survive earning almost a minimum wage... Perfect part-time job to save some extra money but as a full time you have to work 7 days straight/2 days off/3 days on, unpaid holidays. That what it is) But I like Walmart, overall it is a decent company, especially for newcomers. Good luck!
Pros
Perfect first job, working with people, discount card, benefits are not bad
Cons
Low pay, terrible schedule- working 7 days straight, depends on what kind of position you have and a store
Working for Walmart I learn't some customer service. Mainly training of running the hand held computer for shrink, inventory and other duties to the job. I enjoyed working for Walmart especially in the bakery department, the only issue I had was scheduling, lack of communication.
Pros
Health Benifits, Pay
Cons
lack of communication, scheduling issues
Lots of appreciation and rewards for your work. Able to work independently. Very easy going team and support each others back. Lots of support from management
Working at Wal-mart felt more like a family to me. You get to know a lot of people and make a lot of new friends. Its definetly an enjoyable work place! Would recommend for anyone just out of high school.
Pros
Hours, work, people
Cons
Wage, and parts of the managment team.
Not a bad job, management wasn't very caring and didn't seem to care to help anyone with any problems. Work wasn't too bad and the co workers were amazing.
Pros
yty
Cons
tytyty
Very team orientated, Lovely people working there. Over all I really enjoyed working there. I would definitely go back there in the future! If anyone needs a job apply here.
This location has no idea what organization is, none of the managers care about anything especially the employees. No union. No job advancement opportunities on nights because they don't want to lose night shift employees. Low pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Nights, Managers, Unorganized, Low Pay
When I first started their it seemed okay, but I did get suspicious when they would hammer into us it's your walmart and we value our employees. They started me as cashier, which I didn't apply for because I knew that was a bad idea, but took that position anyway. After about 4 months the store manager and a former assistant manager called me in the back and asked me if would work in the sporting goods department because some customers were complaining that I don't smile enough or was to slow. A lot of times my slow service was a result of long lines, due to a lack of cashiers and customers squawking that prices were wrong and making me waste my time trying to get an answer from the departments, which also lack staff. Especially in the evening. When they told me all this I told the assistant manager who hired me I told you didn't I, to which he answered, yes you did I'm sorry you obviously know yourself well. So I was moved to the back area to cover not just sporting goods, but seasonal, pets, toys and automotive. Most of my shifts began at 3:30 PM, at the same time the department managers were getting off. I was also usually covering these 5 departments by myself. The department manager of toys was not pleased with my performance because it was not zoned to her standards and there are only about 10 people on the night crew, who don't have time to get everything done. When I complained about this department manager not getting things done before I arrived and the lack of staff, they just said "It's not in the budget and it's not the department managers job to stock the shelves. - more...
Pros
Guaranteed credit card
Cons
Lack of staff, more work than I could handle, unrealistic expectations