Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Mission, BC

Working at Walmart is a great introductory job, but after several months it starts to wear off and becomes stressful. Job security isn't the greatest, nor is there a promise of advancement.
It was OK, but the management was quite inflexible with regards to shift changes and school commitments. People were nice to work with although some were very lazy and they didn't seem to face any consequences for that. It was just left to other staff to pick up the slack
I was hired as a manager and then I came to know that a manager at a Walmart is nothing more than a helper because you can’t make your own schedule and you can’t even ask for change of shift. The girl who makes schedules is kind of boss of whole thing and don’t listen to your problem and don’t pay you what they agree on. Someone says something and other says something else. No communication between big guys.
Easy shifts, during rush periods it can be hectic, otherwise on down periods, it is very boring. Management was decent, depending on your department. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public. Most enjoyable part was working in the electronic's department.
Pros
Easy Dress Code
Cons
Annoying Customers - Retail Sucks
It is a boring job but it does suffice as a good first job. I personally worked in fulfilment and i did not need to do too much work and i was able to relax normally.
staff was coooperative and managers were awesome. its a good place for beginners to learn new things. moreovcer u can develop communicative skills and personal growth.
Pros
lunch break, free cofee
Cons
workload
Great place to start as a first career. Training was offered on site with CBL's. Managers were very open and welcoming. Schedules were flexible and management was willing to work around any conflicting events.
Wal-Mart is one of the worlds most prolific retailers, which means your likeliness to receive a job is high, however your satisfaction thereof will be low. Typically you will be thrust in to a position with little to no training and there will consistently not be enough staff in the store. Scheduling is often highly flexible, though, so if you need a second job or are currently in school then they can make it work. Management can be both fantastic or down-right oppressive, depending on their personality. There are few management positions so do not expect rapid advancement. Your fellow staff often redeem the job as the friendships you form bring you closer together and make non-ideal conditions bearable.
Pros
Scheduling, Fellow employees.
Cons
Consistent insufficient training and staffing.
People are pushed to their limits. You do more work for the same pay. Management does not always support you. If they hire more people then maybe the store would run better.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
a typical day at work at walmart was rushed and very stress full i was always helping other co-workers while finishing my own work. i learned how to multitask and be prepared for customers, the management was not the best they would always be on my neck about something that wouldn't have been my fault would constantly re write the scheduled which made it hard for school,my co_workers where helpful for the most part but would also get me to do theyre daily activities cause i was the new kid, the hardest part of my job would have been managing my time around alway getting new objectives from management.
Pros
little contest for fundraisers and celebrations of birthdays
Cons
constant scheduled changes
A typical day at work would be stocking shelves and putting out stock throughout the shift. Checking out customers with their groceries and other products. Throughout the shift you would maintain your til and lane. Co-workers were super friendly and were always there to help out whenever someone needed help. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with customers.
Walmart is a very interesting place to work at.... It is a good place for those first time job seekers. High school students would find it a goo part time job. the management staff at Walmart, like anywhere can be frustrating, but in general will try to be flexible. For example if you have an emergency trip coming up and you need time off, they will try and sort things out for you. Another thing is that if you are being harassed by a customer or another associate, you fellow workers will stand up for you and give you support.
Pros
free special occasion snacks in the lunchroom.
Cons
terrible music played on the PA system.
On a day to day basis I put out stock and do price changes as well as help any customers that had any questions. Also, I learned how to time manage myself better as well as become a little more outgoing and less shy. The hardest part is prepping for inventory as well as juggling stock and customer service.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
their *full time* and wage
Fun work environment with friendly fellow employee's. learn new things everyday and have fun at the same time, hardest part of the job is making every customer happy. most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
I have been shopping at SuperStore for many years. I am somewhat familiar with the layout & I trust its prices & quality.I can see myself greeting customers at the door, or dealing with issues at the Customer Service Desk, or stocking shelves or cleaning in the evenings.The most enjoyable part of the job would be to be part of a team dedicated to providing the best service & making sure customers experience is such that they will want to return again.