Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Miramichi, NB

I worked there for 14 over night just looking for a change ..never called in sick .. always went in for snow storm . Took my job seriously. Got alone with others.
Walmart was a good place to work for me who had never worked in retail before. I was very nervous to be face to face with the public, but my supervisor made me feel comfortable.
It was routine work. Not overly challenging. Pleasant coworkers for the most part. Close to home. Would have preferred more hours. Would try working there again though.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Working for the Walmart company was interesting, it was a fun job for the most part, the people you work with were good to talk to, got to meet some good people with the position I was in. Typical day was cleaning and assisting people with finding where an item was located or giving an opinion on what was better. My favorite part was knowing that I help people make a better and more informed decision on purchasing an item. Managers were always busy with something, and there was never really enough people to work on the floors or cash. There was always new training, but there was little training on systems used or how to do most things in the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
rarely kept to break and lunch schedules.
I worked with Walmart for just under 5 months, and the perks are good. Namely, the discount card. LOVED that. I'd totally work there again just for that. The job itself is just like any other retail job. Really boring, the job sucks, somecustomers suck, blah blah blah. Pays pretty well too, pays about fifteen cents higher than minimum wage. My main beef with Walmart is that it has no loyalty to its associates. You can't get a work transfer unless you've been there for a year, and because I moved cities before I was there for a year, I obviously wasn't eligible. I reapplied at the Walmart in my new city, got an interview, everything was going well... less than an HOUR after I got home from the interview, I got an email telling me that they weren't hiring me. Good enough place to work, but don't expect them to care about you.
Pros
Discount card
Walmart is a great place to work, lots of room to grow and excell within the company. Only thing that needs changing is some department heads and attitudes.
I enjoyed working at Walmart for the time that I did, did not enjoy the atmosphere but the job was easy. Strict rules around coupons in which they would get mad when you mad an error.
Pros
Ensure comfort
Cons
Unpaid lunch
never enough employees scheduled for the day. not enough employees means more work for existing employees negative atmosphere inadequate pay and hours
Conducting store audits, apprehending shoplifters, court appearances, ensuring safety of customers and employees i.e. safe practices/polices. Overnight operations..
Pros
Freedom to make own schedule as long as specific days/hours are covered.
Cons
Dealing with shoplifters, court appearances.
Walmart isn't as busy as you would think it would be. most of your shift is spend folding clothing tables. day really drags on.
On a day to day basis you get to work with great people and I also got to socialize with the customers and solve problems. The management were very helpful and put the other well being of customers and associates before their own.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Typical day: Answer phones, clean up ladies ware, clean up the fitting room. What I learned: Organization skills, multitasking Management and Co-workers: Some of the management I got along with they were easy to talk to if you have problems, some of my co-workers were fun to work with, they made the time fly buy. Hardest part of the job: My hours were all over the place, so i never really go settled into the job Enjoyable part: Interacting with different people/cultures
work cash or layaway wainting on customers or doing audits in layaway or cancelling customers layawaysalway had friendly management and coworkers keeping irrate customers happy loved working with the customers
Pros
likable coworkers
Cons
irrate customers
I enjoyed working at Wal-mart. Was very team focused and everyone got a long with each other. Management was on top of things and customers were always happy with our services.
Pros
hands on, public satisfaction
Cons
location, benefits