Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Milton, ON

A typical day at work included checking out and helping customers find products throughout the store. This job is productive and fun but you are required to stand for a long time which can be challenging with chronic back pain.
I learned many things by working at walmart . The workplace is safe and its having fast paced environment and the managers over there are also co operative
very accommodating and understanding in regards to life outside of work. very good relationship with mangers. decent amount of hours. good training and no judgement
Picking up orders online, racist and sexist manager gave everyone a hard time in the company and happened to be the manager I had to deal with. Overall very stressful.
Employees are the only reason you would stay management are not the best They will ask too much of you, if you are a student and this is your first job, it should be fine, but if you have experience I would suggest looking else where.
Walmart is a good place to work at but supervisors there tend to take advantage of the employees if you are in a lower class department. I would not work there again.
It was a great place to work and gain job experience. Management was good and overall the people who worked there were friendly. Working there taught me how to work with customers and deal with different situations. At times it could be hectic due to understaffing but overall a good part-time job.
Pros
good environment
Cons
long hours, understaffing
I personally had an amazing time working at Walmart in the fulfillment department. I always got my work done and I worked very hard with my other members. I wouldn't even realize what time it would be because of how busy it would be and time would fly by fast. I loved working at Walmart, I wish I still worked there.
Pros
fun
Cons
hours weren't so flexiable
Milton location is horrible, the ghs order pickers are useless, they literally put one item in a tote, there is zero common sence, when you suggest ways to make it easier for the next person to do their job it fall on the deaf ears of managers. This place is like high school alover, there is a click of women who are best friends. So if you dont fit in they will force you out. I've only been here a month, and I want to quit. This place sucks as an employer. Doing the right thing around here doesnt work, except verbal abuse and if you do the right thing but writing a statement against your attacker you will be written up. Try to voice your opinions on how to make your job and others jobs easier and you would be wasting your time.
Pros
Stock options if u can last 3 months
Cons
Freedom of delivering on your own
Everything was going great until they decided to switch the managers, the new managers for fulfillment didn't know what they were even doing and it became frustrating when they would blame the employees for not completing the jobs on time, they should have taken a better initiative and should have actually helped the team instead of bossing them around, and the new store manager has a disgusting attitude, feeling very entitled to everything, treating most of her employees as if they were peasants
Pros
easy to get shifts covered
Cons
Disorganized management
Worst job I have ever had. The management was awful, and constantly accusing and harassing their employees. Worked absurd hours (worked a 10-hour shift TWICE, and multiple 9-hour shifts). The management was lazy and did not do anything but sit in the lunch room. Wouldnt recommend to anyone.
It's a good first job but don't plan to stay here for more than 2 years if you want to have sleep or no back pain. The management is also terrible because we are not allowed to page our managers over the speaker to call toward our cashier, we use action codes which they never respond to, they force us to sell credit cards even though we are already doing what we are payed for and often forget our breaks. I went for a 7 hour shift once with no break. Once I pay my College loan I'm leaving.
Pros
Not a Messy job
Cons
Poor Management and work load
Hoestly this job is low pay and management is beyond disgusting They have no idea what they are doing. They expect u to know everything when they havent thought u anything and yell at u infront of customers and other employees so unprofessional. Anyone wanting a job at milton walmart good luck
Pros
Some associates are nice Gene is an amazing person
Cons
Had to keep all carts clean of garbage for next customer. Always made sure to keep carts stalked for customers. Made sure to ask and help with other departments of the store when I had spare time.
Great place to work. This was my first career experience with HR and I recommend this company. I left because I moved and there was not an available transfer.
Pros
Career position
Cons
no room for advancement
was a good place to work but i am ready for a change! I find there is not much room for growth in the company! I didnt have much family time available to spend with my kids
As a in-stock associate I would restock throughout the store as well as maintain a clean backroom for safety. Management was great and understanding. I learned a lot about customer service and organization from this position. The workplace culture was large in variety and very welcoming to not only the customers but to the associates. The hardest part of working as an in-stock associate was trying to stock everything by the end of the day as there was usually a lot to stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was able to speak with customers every shift as well as work with very reliable associates to help complete tasks.
Pros
flexible lunches and a non pressured environment
Cons
A cashier position at WalMart, in my opinion, is an excellent first job. It introduced me to the workforce and I learned to communicate with people who were not my peers or friends/family members.
Checking schedule getting a hair net on. Having a talk with the person in deli working, friendly make sure when you get time clean between customers. Get manager to check at end of night.
Excellent place to build your career with lots of experience. It provides you hands on experience with day to day life. You will constantly learn new things every day.
Great company to work for but management needs a little more attention when being hired. The company as a whole does a lot of great things for the community and charities.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Not consecutive shifts