Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Midland, ON

I really like working for Walmart and all the people I work for. Its a great company as they work with you for how many hours you would like and after a year you get part time benefits.
while I worked at the Midland Walmart, was hired to help with the reno for the super store opening in 2008, eventually offered full time work to the maintenance crew. personally i liked my job, but it was rather stressful for others I worked with. Management changed and things got worse. rating at review time for wage increase was not so great. if you were liked you got a decent rate, otherwise got very little raise in pay. guess you had to be a butt ----- to get a decent raise.
Pros
worked mostly alone on maintenance
Cons
miserable
Kept promising training in different departments but never held up their end. From making employees compete against for scans per hour or up sales, doesn't make you feel welcome when you first start working as a cashier.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
A pretty boring atmosphere, I suppose it depends on which location. There isn't much to do, your coworkers are very friendly and helpful. The customers can be rough sometimes too.
It is my pleasure to work at Walmart. Good atmosphere, co-workers and managers. Fun, friendly and interesting days of work. I am glad to be a part of Walmart. Proud Walmartian:)
-New hires earn more than you -Management only cares about their own advancement. -overworked, little pay -forced to listen to depressing music -repetitive work -the harder you work the more work you're asked to do.
Walmart is about your typical entry level job force, its fast paced and based on the people around you can be very fun or bad. I had no issues with Walmart and enjoyed my time there.
The hours are terrible, the schedule is frustrating, the management is incompetent, your coworkers are mostly incompetent, . Honestly you would have a more fun, productive, and healthy time trying to sell literal dog excrement to strangers than working here.
Pros
1-h lunch breaks
Cons
Everything else.
I liked the people I worked with well enough but the constant pressuring for MC apps, and the monotony of doing the same thing every single day really gets yo you, and in the end I find it hard to recommend anyone work here.
Good place to work, get to help and deal with customers 1 on 1 or assisting associates helping customers, fast paced environment with the chance of advancing within the company.
Pros
develop people, work with different teams
Overall it was a good job. During the holiday seasons it does get extremely busy and chaotic in the store. It can be very physical demanding and exhausting standing in one spot all day and the repetitive movement can be exhausting.
Learned some customer service skills, how to work a till somewhat and how to keep shelves clean. Due to always cleaning and stocking them. Learned how to do a till by myself because I had barely any help and finally the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving finally.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Little to no help and being there.
As a first job, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. Providing an above minimal wage, and working around my availability all year round while in school and not, I truly did not want to leave. Being trained in multiple departments made it possible for me to pick up shifts and obtain experience in other areas I otherwise wouldn't.
loved working on the floor, the people are great. The Managers are easy to talk to and try there best to make you happy. There are a couple of Managers Female that make you feel really small, and have made some cashiers cry. The thing I don't find fair is Associates who just start get paid more then Associates who have been there for years.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Have to work all stats and weekends full time and part time staff.
fast paced environment with friendly staff and management. reliable hours and many great learning opportunities. enjoyable working environment and thorough training.
Pros
breaks, lunches, feedback
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed my time at Walmart. The best part of it by far were my co-workers. They made the day easier and better. A little more focus on the employees would be nice.
At Walmart, you don't learn any skills that prepare you for any other jobs (excluding similar stores) but the benefits of working there are pretty good. A 10% discount off of any item and benefits may make the job seem more attractive.
Pros
Benefits and a 10% discount
Cons
Long hours, hard work, old employees
I worked as a cashier. Very busy. Gained insight into working conditions. Not a friendly environment to work in. Not accommodating to personal needs. No work community. I did not feel welcome.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Not friendly environment.
Enjoyed my time at Wal-mart working in the meat department. Worked with some great people. Ended up leaving because at the time they had a policy of not hiring anyone full-time and I was not making enough money part-time for it to be worth my time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hard work goes unnoticed
Great fast paced environment, will always help train and grow within the company if you show the desire. Lots of great people to work along side. Fun events happening within the store, Free lunches for accident free days, lots of fund raising for charity.
I would come in and be greeted by most if not all of the staff i saw, i punch in and head up to the till where the CSM's would help me with any questions i had. I learned how to be friendly to even the meanest of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people who came through and having conversations, learning about them and seeing the same customers return. The hardest part of the job was doing nothing with all of the time you had when the store was slow and you finished all of your cleaning.
Pros
Friendly, free food on occasion
Cons
Boring