Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Medicine Hat, AB

Except for the last part of my working there it was ok to work for them. The jobs they give are not too hard. While I was a cashier it was easy to do. Jjst had to keep your scans up. Needed more work on the card applications but not insurmountable.
It’s such a great place to work, I left my new job for Walmart because I missed working there so much. Sure you get the eventual rude customer but management and everyone is like a family! I would highly recommend working at Walmart!
very accommodating, friendly coworkers, good benefits, opportunity for career advancement, paid vacation, lots of hours, able to pick up more hours. gave me experience in customer service and sales (walmart mastercard)
Terrible place to work. I took the job after retiring fro a long term social services career with the provincial government. Thought it would be a good place to work part time in my retirement. Was sadly mistaken. I was eventually fired and a black mark was out on my file because I didn’t answer my phone from my supervisor while I was in a courtroom. They put in my record that I was unethical.
Amazing staff, great training, and aid whenever it’s needed. Fast paced but rarely stressful, plenty of employees to aid when you are struggling, helpful management
This place was such a gong show to work at. people were un organized and so many changes which non were for the best they can not keep staff and the shifts were all over the place
This is a tough company to work for. Never any appreciation for your hard work. Very negative atmosphere. Morale is generally pretty low. You deal with a lot of negative feedback from customers due to poor management decisions.
most days are slow and near the end of the day is a little boring. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with everything and the management's orders.
Applied for the position of store standards and has been my biggest mistake of my life. Basically Store Standards is on the bottom of the totem pole when it came to the store's "Hierarchy" and you were basically treated like a 2nd class citizen by the management and basically everyone else including the customers themselves. Constant mind-games by the management team and if you retaliated or stood up for yourself even once you get falsely written up for something you didn't do and was told that you were an awful employee. Also there is a very nasty cult-like atmosphere that is very toxic that has been enforced by the both the management team and from the brainwashed employees that would basically sacrifice themselves for the company. If you ever wanted to be treated like nothing but absolute garbage... apply for Store Standards if you want to get mental stress....
Pros
Few Amazing people but other than that... nothing.....
Cons
Very toxic management team, Brainwashed coworkers, And constant threats of write-ups and mind games
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart didn't tend to care about associates issues, whether it was medical, personal, etc. You'd get written up for missing work if you were sick, had to pay for doctors note, which didn't guarantee you'd get approved time off to get better, and not reimbursed for your personal expenses used to cover work supplies.
Honestly did not feel like management had a whole lot of respect for their staff. customers and co-workers were typically miserable too. it made it hard to work there and still be happy about having a job. the only good thing i have to say is that their training programs were very impressive.
To many managers and pepole who do not pull there weight are treated better then pepole who work as hard as they can.managers will play mind games to get you to do what they want then turn around and not do as they promise.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Managment
i met some incredible people in my time at wall-mart but with the amazing there were definitely just as many people that made it one of the worst experiences iv ever had i dont know if it was just my store or not.
Very toxic work environment. No one is happy. No room for advancement. Salary is not great.........benefits as part time you don't get....... glad i left when i did.
working at walmart was hard and comforting place to work and you needed to have very good customer experience since it was like 50% of your job. you also always need to smile no matter what.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no full time
Walmart is decent work environment that allows for flexible hours, various positions, opportunities to move up in the company, and is a great place for part-time work.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to move around in the store
Cons
High turnover, low employee consideration.
mount balance install tires change oil and top up all fluids help customers with tires that suit the needs of the customer clean and maintain shop and stock
Work started at 3:30 am every morning, every day was a learning experience. Management and staff started the day with an update on productivity. Interacting with the customers was exciting.
Pros
Lunches with my team-mates
Cons
I was diagnosed with Celiac and therefore could not work as a baker.
Typical day was being yelled at by management and other employees and no one did anything about it. I learned that I don't like working in retail during the holidays.
Cons
Long hours and no breaks
Enjoyed the work environment and working with my co-workers. I felt I was not as supported as I needed by my supervisor. I felt I did not have the opportunity to work in the position I applied for.
Time goes fast as the work keep you busy. An amazing team to work with learnt to deal with a challenging customers and a frank support of the managment