Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Marystown, NL

I enjoyed working for Walmart when I worked there. Everyone was like one big family. I worked there for several years and the management team were always very good to me.
I found that the Walmart location that I worked at did not make for a great work environment, as I felt undervalued as an employee, many times you were expected to cover a number of departments due to not enough people being scheduled for certain times of the day, as a result your work in another area would suffer and you would be questioned about why you didn't get your assigned work completed.
Its a great place to work with wonderful management and friendly co workers. I am happy to work there just being a single parent I would like to make more money.
I had worked within the pharmacy department as a high school student as I was interested in a career in pharmacy and it provided me with many opportunities to further my learning.
younger people are ignored and used, not appreciated and looked odown on by the older department managers.. hard ton get time off..........................................
Pros
scheduled breaks
Cons
concrete floor
They let me grow as an associate, allowing me to try out different tasks and develop new skills. I would recommend them highly as a workplace, I'm only leaving to have a new change of pace and challenge myself with a new job experience.
I've worked at my town's Walmart for over 3 years. It's a great place to work and the employees there are great to work with.
Pros
Managers are easy to talk to
Cons
Scheduled hours are erratic
I was on cash and had to deal with many different types of people. I also was responsible for the jewelry.