Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Markham, ON

Work here was okay. Pay was okay the job was chill, and the raises were ok too. it was always busy the hardest was pulling the skids and also carrying big boxes.
Just I want to tell that I want to be full timer Associate and I want to be a manager in future to learn more and also I am proud to be Walmart Associate giving as good benefits and salary. Thank u
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the GHS department and it was a pretty nice way to spend my summer. Coworkers were all very nice. Work varied day to day which kept things interesting. It was a bit stressful some days but not terribly so. They gave me lots of hours. Sometimes they would change my schedule the night before which I wasn't a huge fan of. Overall it's an alright summer job for students. I do not think it would have been as nice long term though, I would have wanted to be paid above minimum wage if I was working indefinitely for them.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
unreliable schedule
I got hired 3 months ago as bakery but I got switched around to every single department everyday the employees are very rude and expect you to do things quick and when you do listen to them they will criticize you for not doing properly i have never felt like they accepted me in their team and some of them even tried to get rid of me by asking me to do something for them then reporting what I doing to the manager. If you work here you will feel under appreciate and will face constant verbal abuse from staff and even when you try to defend your self they won't listen to what you have to say just because your new. Multiple times I tried doing the task they asked me to in the way they showed/asked me to and after when I'm done they blame me for something else that I didn't do. The expectations from this company and the staffs here are over the top. They expect you to run the whole store by yourself.
Cons
terrible employees, constant verbal abuse, treat new staff as slaves, the staff will try to get rid of you, not understanding or accepting, terrible management
I work at Walmart for three years, and I thought that it was a really good experience working there. because I learned more about responsibilities, group work, problem solving, and many more. I can say that it is a good starting job to have .
Pros
Brings in foods on special occasions.
Cons
Don't slack off, and you won't get in-trouble by your managers.
Long story short, I was put on medical leave for 6 months and my management figured after 6 months of bills piling up 12 hours a week sufficed. Had my full time position taken away as a result of my medical leave. Overall, horrendous experience.
Unloading merchandise trucks containing up to 500 units of goods a day which the organization would sell Organizing backroom storage and stocked merchandise on shelves throughout the store Constantly worked to provide excellent customer care to all those within the store
Had a great time working at walmart. Fun people always meeting different customers. Management style s amazing and very interactive with the open door policy.
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the stock in the pharmacy department. I gained alot of experience of medical terms and medicine through my patients and the workers. Management is kind of tough as it is very difficult to see eye to eye. HArdest part of the job is lunches and breaks come near the end of my shift.
Benefits
Cons
Late lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The workplace culture was not the best, not very team based although there are team meetings. I did learn great customer service skills and how to interact with customers and meet there needs.
Listening to customers carefully proving them the required information Handling the selling objections Suggesting the appropriate plans and cellphones according to their needs and wants Cashing Updating the promotional flyers in the Wireless section area
Pros
Fido Bill 50% discount
Cons
Long day in weekdays as their are not much customers to pitch the plans
Decent place to start at. I think growth in this company depends on location. My manager was great, in fact best one I had but not all the managers were so great. Hours are very well-rounded and a lot of great staff. Hardest part was not customers but just some of the staff since everyone was afraid to lose their job.
Pros
Easy hours acces
Cons
They expect a lot sometimes
As long as you know what to do, you're fine. Meeting daily requirements and goals is important and overall good environment and enjoyable with co-workers.
Fellow associates are amazing; management team is pretty good. Good place to work at during the day; as well raises are fair even despite minimum wage going up.
Walmart was a very well constructed and friendly company to work with. The staff was very understanding and helpful to new workers. They were very focused on achieving
I work ther before nice for cultural happy on time break fair with every one discount and management is good hours some time not dependent on the available time we are
Pros
Free coffe on pay day
Cons
Food gours
Walmart offers opportunities if you are interested in advancement. Diverse teams. Flexible shifts available to help support your everyday busy lifestyle.
Walmart has a great baking facility to work in. Fun, clean and safe environment. Gave all employees opportunities. Prepared me to work in a customer service environment.
The volume of customers who frequent this store is huge and keeping the store in top order was continually challenging as many of the folks who shopped had very bad housekeeping etiquette and left things just about any and everywhere.
Being a Walmart associate is by far one of the best experiences. The company provides a lot of benefits and encourages every associate to work with full satisfaction.
It was nice encountering different personalities daily. They are very flexible with there shifts as I would always work around my school hours. Walmart family is very welcoming .