Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Maple, ON

Not a good place to work. Fast paced and their expectations for work is beyond unrealistic. Management is okay and they will treat you like a trash. No benefits for part-time employees whatsoever. They won't pay high wages unless you become a manager
I enjoy working at walmart.good managemant.good working environment.lot oppurtunity for advancement .lot other emplyee benrfits like discount cards.i like this company
This is a part time role with many late shifts and weekends. I am flexible, however a majority of my shift is evenings and weekends. Looking for full time days preferred during Mon - Fri
Working for Walmart is very stressful. Aside from good benefits and fairly good pay, the management is rude, abrasive, rude, and incredibly hard to work with.
It's a very good place to work if you require the financial income. Managers can be lacking experience in many aspects of their job requirements. Some times department managers along with key workers have more than enough work and responsibilities on the job. Co workers are great to work with but management is not experienced enough or organized for a steady level of business success leaving workers stressed out and over worked at times. The hourly wage is ok but should be based on experience and location or department you work in instead of an equal pay field. A greater can make the same amount as a person working in the back lifting and moving product regularly. Overall I have fun with my workplace experience.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management and not enough workers to help with work that is required.
Everything was great, great staff, great pay, great hours a little lengthy but it was always worth it cause the pay was great. Only thing i that you get only a 10% discount which is barely anything.
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad discount
Typical day at work involves unloading merchandise from truck and stocking these items to ensure they are available for customers to purchase. Along with this, I help customers with their questions and needs.
For full time you have at least one week end long hours of operation eg open from 7am and close at 11pm. employees has 10% discount on regular price item when the shop
Pros
10%discount
Cons
the job is full of some hard working individuals and depending on your location in the store can be a great starting job or second job. i have been treated fairly and favoritized but for some may not be a great fit.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Great way of communicating with customers and assisting them in the produce and dairy departments. My team working skills improved being that there were several employees working along side myself.
Good for students looking for part time work, very flexible shifts and hours. Management can be unprofessional (lack of training). Associates are dropped into departments with very little training, need to be quick to learn/catch on
Pros
Associates are nice- family environment
I have worked here for 2 years and have seen the best and worst, Walmart has to offer, in my experience here at Walmart I have a few things to say. 1. If you work hard you will be rewarded, however you must make sure it is noticed, working hard behind the scenes reap zero benefits. 2. Try to change areas often, if you get comfortable for too long you'll wind up stuck in that department, unless you enjoy your work, mix it up.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Only if you're managers favourite
Wal-Mart introduced me to customer service as a cashier and gave me the experience needed to further my work hours elsewhere. I learned how to pack bags, talk to customers, and relay information to both managers, fellow cashiers, and customers.
Pros
Decent pay, work experience
Cons
Long hours, inflexible hours
Working behind the customer service desk at Walmart has given me a great deal of experience in management. I have been able to pick up a variety of skills to handle customer complaints in many ways. The management team was a great team to work with every shift.
Pros
Exceptional hours, bonuses
Working at walmart was very fun and easy. My co workers were like my family we were all there for eachother and we had amazing times. We all helped eachother in times. I learned how to cash customers out, scan items fast and bag them proper and fast. I learned how to balance my till every morning and night. I had fun helping customers and talking to them. The hardest part of my job was making sure the lines werent long, it ws hard because some days there will be only 3 cashiers for the whole day and it was hard because customers will get mad but i told them i would get a manger to help get more cashiers out.
Pros
discount cards
Cons
not enough cashiers at times
I was a student working in the bakery. The bakery is a fun but very fast-paced working environment. Lucky for me, I excel at working fast and efficiently. It makes the day go by faster if you are always busy and the bakery is always busy. It's great to see the customer's look of satisfaction when you bake something fresh and steaming hot just for them. They really appreciate it and it's great to see them smile.
Pros
Fast-paced and never boring
Cons
Management expects too much from us when we're understaffed
Work was simple. Sometimes too much is asked of you at once and it is impossible to complete every task given to you in a day because they keep getting added to your list.
Walmart was a good place to work alot of diffrent people and you also got to learn alot about the company witch was good.
Working at Wal-mart was a wonderful experience, my co workers were very welcoming and helpful from the begging and made me feel comfortable. I learned patience, how to work fast but be efficient while providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of my job was remembering all of the codes for the vegetables, but as time past by, i got better at it. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and being around my coworkers who made coming to work everyday exciting.
Pros
Flexible hours for students
dealing within electronics departments, working in team. helping customer to find the products and providing information.
as you know wal-mart carries many products therefore it is mostly busy throughout the day. I have learned how to stay organised and how to treat customers in order to have a good customer base.My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. the hardest part of the job is usually when the department is busy and there are many customers requesting for help. The most enjoyable part was every two week period.
Pros
you get to meet many different people
Cons
if your are not committed it might seem to be tiring