Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Lower Mainland, BC

At this point its all about the money. In the Lower Mainland of BC the Upper Manager is really pushing the Store Level Management to not worry about standards or associates. leading to countless staff issues and customer complaints.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
The Culture
I am writing this because THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD....I consider myself a very hard working & dedicated associate who has been with with Walmart Canada for some time now.I know that there is MANY other associates within the same store that share these same qualities as myself.When a position of advancement opens up within our store, the people who truly deserve to be chosen for the positions (based upon their hard work, loyalty, team work, integrity, & dedication) are the ones whom are overlooked while other associates (ones that are good at sucking up/rubbing shoulders with the management but not good at doing their own actual jobs) are the ones who are chosen for the job.This seems to be like a true double standard from this company, due to the fact that they continually say to us that there are many opportunities for advancement (which is true, there is many openings) but the ones whom are the hardest working are not even considered. I have known more than a few fellow associates who have left the company out of frustration from what is going on within.No matter how hard you work, how dedicated you are, how much you try to do your absolute very best at anything you do, it will not get you any further ahead than the lazy person that slacks off, but knows how to 'kiss up' to management.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay & no recognition from management for a job well done.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?