Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in London, ON

Working at Walmart was a great experience. As an international student, I gained good experience in a Canadian workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job the satisfaction of helping customers.
Generally you will work hard for low pay and you will be expected to put the company above everything but they won't guarantee you hours or a steady schedule, that being said I have met some awesome people working there and not every manager is lazy but if you are a hard worker don't expect your pay to match your effort.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No guarantee of weekly hours or steady schedule
Walmart sells alcohol so cashiers must take SmartServe training provided, have more responsibilities & potential liability for same pay. Req'd to ask customers to sign up for Walmart credit card at till while scanning, price matching & SmartServe screening, must ask for charity donations & ask survey on receipt irritates customers.be completed for draw too. Customers want cleaning done too. Poor communication b/n staff & mgmt. Very outdated equipment, lots of bad design. Sometimes lack necessary items. Be aware of your breaks & end time.
Pros
Lots of hours during busy seasons, PPE now provided, some great co-workers, employee discount after 3 months
Cons
Standing, repetitive motions, not living wage, no full time hrs, rules differ b/n mgrs, poor benefits only avail after 12 mos, positive actions ignored, never know if mgr will receive messages via Blackberry, virus safety concerns, other in store jobs not listed internallyl
It was splendid working with Walmart Canada. It is an extremely safe and friendly environment. One gets to learn a lot at Walmart Canada. I learnt about customer service and customer handling along with the safety of one and all.
It is a great job for students as they are flexible with your school schedule, as well my co-workers were all friendly. The management are great, they help with employee concerns and let you know what is expected.
From the day I started working in Walmart as a cashier. I always feel good to be at that place. The management is cooperative and helps the individual to learn quickly and serve the customers.
I liked working there honestly. However, it was too far from my place. I asked the manager to relocate me, but he refused. It took me 2 hours everyday to go and come back home.
I worked as a customer value associate. I performed number of duties like picking, binning and stocking on the shelf. I complete every task in a given time.
Front end cashier Wal mart is an excellent employer.Excellent with all the staff and understanding. They are out going in the community and very involved in charity work in the Community and all over. Working for Walmart was on of the best jobs i have ever had
Management are terrible most of the times. Walmart never looks after the employee. They try to mess with you whenever you ask for anything. Any time off is never approved until a day or 2 before you leave. They are ALWAYS cutting your hours, but never theirs. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND to work for Walmart
Other than management I liked everything. Only the management was poor and it felt like politics. I enjoyed working in that place. A career at Walmart is good.
Nice place to work. This Walmart location like most others. It has good restrooms and many checkouts. It is not the largest one in town but it has the reliable items sold at most Walmart locations. It is well served with a bus station nearby and ample parking.
Nice place to work and have a friendly atmosphere. There are some good benefits for the full-time associates but only few for the part-time associates
management is good, work can be stressful at times, long hours and can be really busy . Requires you to be quick with the orders. Overall a good place to work
Working in Walmart have always been wonderful experience where you know how to make customers happy with your skills and after working there for one year i can say that people at Walmart are always amazing and energetic.
Pros
Best place to understand importance of customer service.
Amazing team work either in the store or in the IT department well trained assistant amazing mangers i got great experience in all fields of practice
The night shift is an amazing time to work at Walmart. Filling those empty shelves, making endcaps look perfect, counting pallets to see how high your count was, loved it!
Best place to work and there will be no stress while you are working and management helps you to work efficiently. And there are paying the good enough for the work what they are assigned.
Walmart is a great company to work for. However, it is extremely hard to balance both education and work when at Walmart. I recommend applying if you are simply just needing a job.
Never over burden with the work and Associates are very cheerful to each other to work as team. Further more, management team is so great full to all the employees and fair with everyone.
I work as a greeter as well as security for the store by checking receipts. The job also have additional work such as customer service and shelving. This job has helped me achieve a brighter personality where I can handle customers and helped achieve working in a team.