Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Lloydminster, AB

I learned a lot while employed here. Pretty good work/life balance. However, if you are working in the front end, you only get your schedule a week in advanced. Making it very difficult to plan around your work schedule. And that also means you have to book days off if you have an appointment of some sort. Great people to work with. You definitely don't get paid enough for the amount of stuff you put up with. (between dealing with customers, and constantly being understaffed) However I was there for three years and was sad to have to leave, but also relieved.
I love working at walmart. I really enjoy working with a team. My department manager is very helpful. He always appreciate my work. Walmart is like my family to me.
Walmart is good and renounces company in the world. There are all department managers are very friendly and very good nature of the workplace, and I always enjoy every function and especially Christmas. They did not enjoy only Canadian days they also enjoy every day it doesn't matter it's Canadian day or other religious function. So it's good for the employee.
I learn how to manage my time and meat the target or goals. It is a multi cultural workplace. The hardest part during peak season because lots of stocks coming. The most enjoyable part is our breaktime.
job experience with that company is very good , friendly environment and management is also cooperative . I learnt many things. its the most enjoyable part of job
The manager was nice but the Walmart brand is not helping make jobs for Canada only cutting hours and not able to help paying people. I would never work here again.
Different managers will give you conflicting instructions, pay is poor, customers tend to be exactly how you would expect. However they do tend to be flexible with providing time off.
Pros
schedule is usually flexible
Cons
Everything else
Working at Walmart gives me the opportunity to develop my interpersonal relationship with others since Walmart employs associates with different culture. Adaptation was easy and i had fun working with people especially at the Front end.
i have fun in working at walmart during my stay & working with my co-worker, were almost all the same country and easy to communicate with.. management were so helpful and understanding like if i don't know what I am doing I ask a help & they teach me what is the best way, the workplace and culture people in walmart they cooperate each other and the most enjoyable part of the job I really gain friends in different nation
Pros
free food if they reach their selling goal
Cons
short hour to work, not a minimum hours in a week
Walmart offered an enjoyable work place with endless advancement oppertunities.They offered an abundance of houres even for part time and provided an easy going work environment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay over time
communication is poor. on a day to day basis i found that none of the management knew what anyone else was doing and would constantly undermine each other. overall morale is poor and trust is almost non existent
the work is very easy but its also incredibly boring. most of the work is just organizing the shelves over and over again, also helping customers. if you like being a cashier than this is a great job but i didn't like working retail
We are required to offer Walmart credit cards. We usually have meetings every morning and at night. It was a fun place to work. The workers there are very friendly, but professionals.
management had unrealistic expectations. little to no recognition was given to employees for a job completed well. wages were low and unfair to hard-working employees.
sears was my first job and i liked it. i would answer phone calls all day from people who are wanting to places order from the catalog and also help people who are having problems
i am working as part time and i have learned about hard work, work in team, teach others in polite manner. All members are very cooperative and friendly with each other.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
don't give job offer letter for PR
Great place to work. Understanding, lots of culture, some managers very helpful, fast paste, always learning, always learning, new challenges. exciting
Pros
listening
Cons
too much turn around with managers
It was a good place to START working at in the beginning;however, you learn really quickly of the double standards the management and groups of people have.
Pros
Lots of shifts
Cons
Double Standards
the days were tough the hours were long but we had fun and enjoyed spending the times together working with each other. good pay and great coworkers that were all there for each other.
So demanding to their employees, even part-time associates needs to open their availability or else they'll give you 12hrs a week. and they will throw you everywhere. (all busy department) and you have to work hard as if they were paying you that much. and btw, most of the new employees have higher rates in the salary than the old ones. The maximum increase you can get is .50cents a year. I mean if you reach your 1 year anniversary at walmart they will give you ratings on how you work. 1,2,3,4,5. but usually they'll give you 3 means .30cents. and the management is very poor. and some of the customers belittle the associates. SMH
Pros
10% discount
Cons
worst management
Worked as a truck unloaded most staff were awesome some were rude i liked working with walmart i quit working with walmart at the time because one of the managers was rude to me and i was working the same hours as everyone else same pay and my pay checks were not the same
Pros
Great pay great people
Cons
Some managers were rude