Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Lethbridge, AB

The Dairy job was a great job. Unfortunately, my manager couldn't keep herself from telling me how poor a worker I was. She was intent on making a great job a disaster..I liked my co-workers and upper management..She has since been removed.
Pros
Some of the co-workers
Cons
Limited information
Best job ever in dairy/frozen overnights it’s hard work at 16 dollars a hour it’s worth it I live not fair from there and it’s vary straight forward job
Pros
Close too my house easy job
Cons
It a boring time to be at home I would love to help with my work for myself and I learn however to stocks shelves in high school stocking college of western Lethbridge Alberta
do not work at walmart unless you have no other options. Hours are not guarenteed and the performance expectations are way out of proportion to what they pay you
Two years of exemplary service went unrewarded when I was injured enroute to work. Because of my injury, I was unable to lift a 75-pound safe on my own and my manager fired me on the spot - just a week before the Christmas Bonus's. To add insult to injury, Walmart claimed I quit on my ROE.
Friendships are created very easily with staff. the hardest part of the job is dealing with some people with attitude. Some management was very helpful. There could have been improvement as to how the cashier/front end work was given. Lack of communication is prominent in this job.
Not bad working at walmart. Just that it is not easy to work as a team. Some people are not hard working but manager gave them more ahours. When you ask them to help to get things done they will complain to the manager that you are ordering them to do somethings and she will back them against you.
DO NOT try to work at Walmart. It is a nightmare. Managers are always gone, or being replaced, and if they are around they'll smile to your face while treating you like you're nothing. Also they will never have your back even tho you were doing your job word for word what they told you to do, but customer says anything and you're wrong. Customers think you know every item/price/spot/ really everything but in the same breathe think you're too stupid to know how to do you're job that you've had for too long. Also you aren't trained, or more like the "training" they give is a joke. And if you don't push the Walmart rewards master card good luck on getting any hours until too many people quit and a holiday rush is coming. Favourites play a BIG role and if you're not one of them you got no chance of anything there.You will never be informed of anything EVER!!!! Also if you need modified duties and bring in doctor notes they will ignore them. If you're hurt at the job and leave right away to go to the hospital to get looked at they will say "You should have waited so we could have had the paper work done first," I thought I was having a heart attack (found out it wasn't that, it was just a strong panic attack) and that is what my manager said to me. They'll mark you down as if went for one of you're breaks but not tell you to go for it. You're only allowed to order money once (even tho you asked for it near the start of your shift cause they didn't bring it to the person who was on til before you and it's almost the end of it) and it's also you're fault for not - more...
I stayed at this job as long as I did because of the pay. I was a hard worker and did my best giving over 40 hours a week just to be laid off in another round of cut backs. Was here 6 years and there was lay offs every year
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Very fast-pace, makes it enjoy-able because long shifts seem to go by faster. The management at the Walmart location i was at were very understanding and easy to approach.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
inconsistent hours
Typical day at work just consists of talking with my co-workers while stocking shelves, and after that we pretty much just make the store look presentable for when it opens at 7 am.
very flexible hours if you're a student. you can switch shifts with coworkers when you need. opportunities for extra money if you're good at offering master cards. you can also pick up extra shifts if you need more hours. however, it can be stressful working as cashier.
Pros
flexible hours
Availability was often ignored, whenever any employees would try to talk to management they were unprofessional stating it'll be discussed tomorrow each time. From my experience there were even lies being told.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Terrible manager
Worked in produce stocking shelves assisting customers, worked in electronics servicing customers and making sure shelves were tidy and well stocked. Had opportunity to go to new stores to assist with set up before the stores opened.
Pros
Satisfaction when able to meet customers needs.
Cons
Various shifts sometimes hard to balance personal life.
I enjoyed working at Walmart , not enough hours given , I learnt many things there but was not happy with new management.I enjoyed the interaction with the public .
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
management
Constantly changing but not necessarily to fit the needs of the consumers or staff. With the "big box" stores, Walmart seems to struggle to hire and retain key staff that is needed to run a smooth operation .
benefits
Cons
crippling shortage of staff
management was awful, they didn't take into account of what goes on in a persons life and would not accommodate hours to work with your life style. however most of the front end staff where friendly.
1) Some managers/supervisors/leads are ok while others not, examples are: bossy, rude and will lecture worker in front of customers 2) Co workers can be ok, however odd one will get to stay in their own area, while others are expected to work/know the entire store 3) None to very little training at all, ask questions along the way One person who was being 'trained' at till, but the person was too busy bagging to actually learn the job as cashier The cashier was saying press this and that, while new person was bagging. The cashier was repeatedly promoting the Walmart Credit Card. PA announcements of promotion of Walmart Credit Card, which cashier gets honorable mention (over selling another credit card) and how to follow rules of shopping carts and children being buckled in. After a while, it sounds like brainwashing. 4) Managers ignore availability days/hours; schedule the worker outside of the hours of availability of worker 5) Cannot transfer to another location in same city to another Walmart store; must quit current location then apply to other location Same company but No Transfers. 6) When given a locker, combination is given out to another employee without approval of the holder of the locker. No privacy. 7) I witnessed an employee get yelled in the staff room,for showing up to work over 1 hour before person's shift. 8) No employee discount (10%) until after 90 days 9) Some managers/leaders will ignore a doctor signed physical limitation forms and expect you to do tasks beyond ability Pointless adding extra wording to a person's title: customer experience - more...
Pros
2 days off in a row
Cons
days off not ever a weekend if you are part time
It was a good place to work when you just move to lethbridge and they are good to their employees and they treat everyone fair. They listen to feed back and they are fair.
this was a good job with lots of hours if you wanted them, but depending on what department you are in it can be a challenging job dealing with customers and other staff members.
working for Walmart has its ups and downs. the staff are good people and are very nice to work with. The work expectations from the higher up mangers is stressful to say the least.
Pros
all the hours you want if you ask
Cons
do not expect time off