Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Leduc, AB

Overall a good place to work flexible hours and pay. Staff was always pleasant and managers usually always there to help you if needed. Great training program.
I would recommend walmart for anyone. They paid fairly. It's a good place to work with very friendly staff, just that my boss is a naturally difficult person aside his personality. Walmart management is gr
good place to work and I learned about healthwatch software , hard part was shift which was not fixed. it was my first job in canada. the most enjoyable part of the job was compounding.
Working there is stressful because of their constant hounding for mastercards and lack of hours.No seniority means no hours and no benefits unless you are full time .Full time being 31 hours a week.Do not recommend working there
When I started, there were enough people to do the work and expectations could be met. After a few years, part time turned into full time hours with little raise in pay and still not classified as full time so no benefits. Worked hard to get everything done but wrecked my body in the process.
Pros
Worked around my family schedule
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, hard laborious work
Working at Walmart is enjoyable got to meet lots of people and learn new things every day the hardest part of the job was when I left didn’t want to but had to the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting now people and helping them find what they need
Not much needs to be said. If you need a job to make minimum ends meat. Walmart is a good place to start. Management tries their best to get employees to work hard but honestly when you make minimum people are gonna act like they're making minimum. show up for work and they'll treat you right.
it was an alright place to work, the people were nice. Management on the other hand, was horrible. they are not very understanding of people with mental health issues.
I have learned a lot! Even though it is tough sometimes with all the things that Managers wants us to do. Time seemed to be gone whenever I worked, never ending things to do if only you were given enough time.
Working at Walmart is about as fun as it sounds, but the people who are working beside you make it all worth it. You get attached to everyone and almost become friend. I just handed in my two week notice and although im beyond excited to begin my new job, I'll miss everyone very much :)
Walmart was a great place to start into sales. I never really learned anything at Walmart because of the amount of IT knowledge I already had. I had to teach the staff, which I found enjoyable, because I was able to pass on the knowledge I had.
loved working with the people that I worked with. the only reason why I am not there is because I m currently in school for nursing and I have two boys to care for so they did not want to work with my schedule because you have to have an open availability
Pros
the walmart team is wonderful
Cons
They will not work with Student/ single mothers scheduals
i loved seeing the customers and how there shopping was going. overall making there shopping better as best as i could. i liked the learning my job when i started.
To much drama, felt like I was in high school again. A lot of gossiping. Job was pretty stressful for being minimum wage. Always covering for other people
I love this company because it is such a professional company. Looking at the size of this giant retail company still it is accessible for worker to reach to the top management and they always reply to the matters. The managers are very friendly and they help you in making the plans before the start of the shift.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Sometime too much work
Working at Wal-mart was very productive in my opinion and I enjoyed it very much. I was a cashier there. The hardest part of working there at first was having to stand for long hours. Eventually I got used to that. I quite enjoyed the nice staff.
The bakery was an absolute nightmare to work in.highschool bullying attitudes.as well they have a 5 sec rule😷where if ya drop food you have to puck it up and put it back on the tray.the head baler was an absolute nightmare and beyond rude
Pros
Paid 15 min break
Cons
Garbage hrs horrid coworkers
This company is pretty good. Time goes by very fast, I am learning how to do customer service after 7 months. I get along great with pretty much all of my coworkers, it feels like a family.
I was on till all day every day and it was alright but most of the people were older and did not work very hard so it got annoying
Pros
free lunch some days
Cons
boring
There is a lot of work to be done in any and all departments at Walmart. I've learned a lot about health and safety in the workplace, as well as proper customer service. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irritable customers, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to come across many different people. Another part of the job that I enjoyed is the fast-paced environment.
The hours are very flexible. The people are very cooperative and is a good work environment. The managers are helpful when they need to be.